Double Down....Spoilers!!!

Started by Lola, December 23, 2008, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola

Spoilers ahead!

Yesterday I recieved my copy of the second book in the Double Trouble trilogy. I didn't get a chance to read it until late last night. I must say that I really liked this one!

It starts off with Frank and Joe at home and Frank pondering about the murder of a parazzo photographer. Frank feels that their case is not over, that Justin Carraway is still in danger. Lucky for the brothers Sydney, Justin's Asst. calls them. She wants the brothers to come to Atlantic City and watch over Justin, it seems that Ryan (Justin's twin brother) has left to the Carribeain for a much needed vacation. Frank and Joe mangage to convice Laura to let them go. Fenton caustions them since they are not offically on a case....but surprise! ATAC does have a case for them in Atlantic City! Seems there are some bootleg copies of Justin's latest movie out there getting sold to the public before the movie even comes out! There are a lot of suspects including a man wearing a cowboy hat! Plus Justin is not acting like himself!

I liked how this ghoswriter wrote this second book. Frank and Joe do tease each other but it's more in a brotherly fashion not the mean insensitve way they are normally written. There is also a moment of brotherly concern when Frank runs off by himself to go after the bad guy!

I did figure out some things in the book...like why Justin is not acting his normal self! Also you learn that one of the suspects happens to be Justin and Ryan's Dad!!! :o

hardy boys fan

Thanks for the review Lola. i am going to get my copy tommorow.
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

hardy boys fan

We have to wait so long for the the last book to be published.4 months!
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

Bigfootman

ATAC is still giving them cases in this book?!? NOOOOOOOOO! :'(

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardy boys fan

i finished double down today . it was much better than double trouble
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

tomswift2002

Sounds like S&S is trying to sneak part of the plot of Burned into the book with the illegal movie plot---sounds extremely similar to Burned's illegal music CD plot????
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

I thought it was alright except there were many parts where it was written extremely weird. I think I like the first one better.

About the Ryan part?

I got a hunch the twins switched places as soon as they got on the private jet and headed to Atlantic City. Something something was wrong with ?Justin? i.e. the whole microwave bit and then not being able to fly the plane.

It was confirmed when ?Justin? was filming but had all his lines down and was missing ?charisma? or whatever.

I just don't know how Frank and Joe didn't figure it out? I guess when you're on the inside or focusing on something specific it's not the same objectivity as from the outside. And of course "acting" comes into it.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on December 28, 2008, 04:25:28 PM
Sounds like S&S is trying to sneak part of the plot of Burned into the book with the illegal movie plot---sounds extremely similar to Burned's illegal music CD plot????

That?s what I thought too. Maybe they saw some of us complaining about the ?smallness? of that case (and other missions) and decided to take that plot and expand it to a larger, international situation.

HB@1718

I had the whole Ryan/Justin thing solved before I read Double Deception.

JoeHardyRocks

They made it WAAAYYYYYY too obvious.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: HB@1718 on May 25, 2009, 03:20:11 PM
I had the whole Ryan/Justin thing solved before I read Double Deception.

Same here.  It was a very "wrung-out" old trick that was virtually see-through.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

HB@1718

I did like the part where Emily and "Justin" got back together. That was, like, so juicy.

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 25, 2009, 09:21:34 PM
Same here.  It was a very "wrung-out" old trick that was virtually see-through.

Basically all of the HB trilogys are the same:First, one bad crime, then another crime happens, they catch the bad guy at the end, he says "I did the first crime, not the other thing!"

Case Open. :o ::)

JoeHardyRocks

*Cues the scary mystery music*  :o
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

HB@1718