What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I thought this might be a fun idea for a thread, if we don't already have one like it somewhere. This is just a thread to discuss any of your latest Hardy Boys finds- basically to let everyone here know of whatever cool Hardy Boys item you ran across recently because no one else you know would really care about it or understand the same way- lol. ;D
      Anyway, I was a bit excited because this last weekend, I finally got the last book I was needing to have a set of all the original text Hardy Boys books. Of course, I don't have the first 38 books all in one format or anything (some are Applewood reprints, some are the later PC releases, some are the tweed covers, some are the brown covers, and one actually has the original dust jacket, etc.)- but at least I have them all in some format or another and can hopefully read all of them at my leisure at some point.
I also recently found a Minstrel copy of The Outlaw's Silver, which I'd been wanting in order to have a uniform set of the Digests. (I have a Wanderer printing, but I've been trying to get a complete set of all the Minstrel printings- again, in some cases I have the earlier cover art and others I have a later cover art- I'm not worrying about that issue right now. For now, I just want to have a uniform set of some kind or another.) I have one other title to track down the Minstrel cover art for and then that will be complete.
    But I'm always on the look out at thrift stores and yard sales and antique stores, Ebay, etc. for any other cool Hardy Boys collectibles I might happen to find.
         Anyone else have any other cool finds lately to share? :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Awesome finds, MacGyver! 8) That's great and exciting to have a complete original text set! They must look really nice and your Minstrel set, too, just needing one more is very cool. :)  It is so much fun looking for Hardy Boys books! ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Thanks, Hardy Sleuth. Sometimes it's a bummer driving out to an antique store or antique mall or thrift store, etc. and not really finding anything- but other times you have great finds and those make it really worthwhile! The thrill of the hunt! :) 8)
And yeah- it is pretty neat to have my Hardy Boys collection "complete" in some areas. (Just to clarify- I think everyone has their own definitions for when their collection is "complete"- but I'm happy to just have a copy of the different books right now. Here and there I'm still filling things in with the nicest copy I can find or a certain printing, etc.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 21, 2013, 09:19:09 AM
Thanks, Hardy Sleuth. Sometimes it's a bummer driving out to an antique store or antique mall or thrift store, etc. and not really finding anything- but other times you have great finds and those make it really worthwhile! The thrill of the hunt! :) 8)
And yeah- it is pretty neat to have my Hardy Boys collection "complete" in some areas. (Just to clarify- I think everyone has their own definitions for when their collection is "complete"- but I'm happy to just have a copy of the different books right now. Here and there I'm still filling things in with the nicest copy I can find or a certain printing, etc.)

You're welcome. :) I know exactly what you're talking about, it's awesome fun searching for Hardy Boys books! I love going to bookstores and used book sales. ;D

Really really cool! Your definition is what counts on whether or not your collection is complete, not someone else's, because it's yours. :) Yeah, I have some books that aren't in great condition that we found at used book sales, but I'm happy to have them. Although the best condition is preferable. :D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

I found a totally awesome find a while back but I haven't posted about it yet because I'm trying to get pictures uploaded first. I will post on it soon though. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on April 03, 2013, 06:47:16 PM
I found a totally awesome find a while back but I haven't posted about it yet because I'm trying to get pictures uploaded first. I will post on it soon though. :) 8)

Sweet! :) I'd love to see the pictures!!!! :) 8)

MacGyver

Okay- well, here's a teaser pic anyway. I will try to get the rest up as soon as I can because I took a number of pictures. :) 8)

MacGyver

And, much as I'd like to say this now sits on my bookshelf with all of my Hardy Boys books- no, I didn't actually buy this one. I just couldn't really spend $45 on an action figure, even though it is the Frank Hardy action figure made by Kenner as a tie in to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :) 8) (And still in the box, no less- though the box is definitely pretty bent up.) (And as I know I've said before, I'm both a huge fan of The Hardy Boys books and this 1970s TV show version in particular- so it was really quite exciting for me to find this.) I saw this at an antique mall a few weeks back and I was ecstatic to find it! It was really cool to at least be able to look at it up close and hold it, but I just really couldn't afford to shell out that kind of money on a collectible, even a cool one like this. Still, it was neat to find it and take pictures of it. I will post some more later on.

Hardy Sleuth

With how much you love the 70s TV show, MacGyver, I know you had to be excited getting to see it and take pics. :) Hopefully you'll find an even better condition one to buy, and for less even! :)

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Yeah, thanks- the action figures are nice for decoration and maybe to make fun photo stories or something- but honestly, I kinda figure that at least with a book collection, I actually read the books. I doubt I would seriously actually be playing with these action figures if I did get them..... but who knows? If I ran across them for the right price, then maybe I'd get them.... For now, it was just fun to actually find one and get some pictures of it. I've still got a few other pics to load when I get a chance.

MacGyver

MacGyver

MacGyver

MacGyver