British connection

Started by tomswift2002, July 09, 2007, 06:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Just reading the back of Exhibition of Evil, and I noticed that mention is made of Frank's British friend Collin MacDonald.  I wonder if this was an inside joke to the way the publshing rights were worked in the 60's and 70's in Britain.  In 1968, the publisher Sampson Low (who had been publishing the Hardy's since 1958) became MacDonald, and continue to publish the Hardy Boys until 1969, and then in 1970, Collins, the British arm of Harper Collins, picked up the series until the 80's. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Interesting thoughts.  There are probably lots of such "easter eggs" in these books.   

Centrion

Wow, that's cool. Wonder how many of those there is...
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

003Robin457

Wow Tom I would never have noticed that.

MacGyver

Nice find. It is quite possible. And being pretty familiar with the British publications of the books as well as the American, I definitely appreciate that connection. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent