Top Ten Casefiles

Started by NZone, July 17, 2008, 03:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Nice list, JHR- I noticed that almost all of them are within the first 10 to 20 titles - it seems like the Casefiles series had a lot of great stand out books when the series first started- and that's not to say that later titles aren't as good- but I guess it just makes sense that a newly launched series would try to have a really strong start to get things rolling and set the pattern for things to come. And having read them all, I can also say that I enjoy them all. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

I also read Hostages of Hate and Law of the Jungle last night, and I liked those alot too.  :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

AlwaysAJoefan

I liked them all. The ones that stick in my mind are:

Edge of Destruction
The Genius Thieves
Beyond the Law
Rock N' Revenge

I'll post more after I dig through my set.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

I think Edge of Destruction may be the first of The Hardy Boys Casefiles that I read- or maybe at least the first that I bought. I remember loving the cover as a child because Frank and Joe were climbing out of a manhole which just looked so cool to me- mainly because I immediately thought of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming out of the sewers. :D
And this one is definitely a great book.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I remember that I special ordered Edge Of Destruction back during Boxing week 95, and it came in like New Year's Week 96 and I bought it with Christmas money (along with The Crowning Terror), and I thought that the and I thought the cover looked interesting with the boys coming out of the sewer, plus the logo was a different color from the four books. Although, I didn't find the cover that colorful.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

AlwaysAJoefan

I got the paperback version of Edge of Destruction in a box set with Casefiles: 1-5. That cover was always one of my favorites, with my other 2 favorites being Genius Thieves and Beyond the Law.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on January 05, 2011, 08:42:38 PM
I think Edge of Destruction may be the first of The Hardy Boys Casefiles that I read- or maybe at least the first that I bought. I remember loving the cover as a child because Frank and Joe were climbing out of a manhole which just looked so cool to me- mainly because I immediately thought of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming out of the sewers. :D
And this one is definitely a great book.

It was one of the first I read, too.

JoeHardyRocks

I got The Deadliest Dare yesterday from Amazon, but it's the European version or whatever! :( The cover is uglyyyyyy :(
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

That's kind of cool. Even if it is ugly

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah, I opened up the package and I was like, what is this???? Because I knew what the cover was supposed to look like, then I looked on the back of the book and the price was in euros LOL
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Are sure it wasn't British pounds?

tomswift2002

It should be British pounds, since the only UK printing that I'm aware of was from 1993 (well before the Euro was introduced), but the cover does look like the US cover, but it has the UK logo from that time, and was done by a different artist.

http://www.hardyboys.co.uk/gallery/c030.php
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah that's the one I got
"Thank you, Joe."

JoeHardyRocks

Ohh and I read some more casefiles soo:

Deathgame
The Lazarus Plot
Brother Against Brother
Dead on Target
Frame-Up
Evil Inc
The Number File
Dead of Night
Hostages of Hate
River Rats
Uncivil War

And another one I forgot the name of.....

"Thank you, Joe."

tomswift2002

I was just looking over this old topic, and I just remembered that years ago I had seen on the order forms, in the back of the Casefiles from around 1990-1992, that someone at S&S had, accidentally, typed into the Hardy Boys Casefiles order form Make No Mistake, which was actually a Nancy Drew Files title, and it appeared in number of Casefiles (I think it replaced #43Strategic Moves, but I'm not too sure, and the few Casefiles that I did check (#59-66) didn't have the error).