The Hardy Boys Adventures #5: Peril at Granite Peak

Started by MacGyver, June 10, 2013, 07:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Looks like we've got the title and release date for the fifth book in the series now!
Peril at Granite Peak is due to be released on February 4, 2014 and it's clocking in at 160 pages.

Thanks to Longbarrow for the heads up on the cover art.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Lungbarrow

--
-PjH.
--

Lungbarrow

--
-PjH.
--

MacGyver

Sweet! Nice find, man. I didn't see that the other day when I was looking online. The cover looks pretty cool (no pun intended, for once- lol) but could probably still be a little more adventurous. But overall, I have been really impressed with most of the covers for this series- I'm glad they're going back to a style that reminds somewhat of the original stories. (i.e. Not necessarily Nappi's work or anything- but the story elements that are in the covers are also classic to the story elements of the first 58 hardback books.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Lungbarrow

Yeah, I've a suspicion that's an oddly-cropped version of a larger piece of cover art. It looks like Frank and Joe are trying to out-ski an avalanche but it might look more exciting if we could see more of it behind them. When there's a larger copy of the cover available, it might be more obvious.

One of the Nancy Drew Diaries covers was cropped before it's final release. I'm not sure why:

--
-PjH.
--

MacGyver

That's interesting about the cropped covers. Oh well- at least the cover art show Frank and Joe (and Nancy for her series) back on the cover again and mostly in actual action shots. (Rather than the style the last few UB books was using.)

MacGyver

The plot summary for this book is available from Amazon.com -

Joe and Frank?s winter break skiing holiday turns to horror in this Hardy Boys adventure?a fresh approach to a classic series.
Frank and Joe are thrilled to spend winter break hitting the slopes at the Granite Peak Lodge ski resort. What could be better than an action-packed week of skiing and snowboarding set against a scenic mountain landscape?

But their plans hit an unexpected bump when a blizzard blows in, closing the roads and leaving the boys stranded in the lodge with several others. Meanwhile, a series of deadly mishaps threatens to sabotage the resort?and the lives of its trapped guests.

First, a fellow vacationer nearly freezes solid when he?s locked out during the raging storm. Then, the lodge?s electricity is cut off, broken glass turns up in the breakfast waffles, and a resort employee is buried in a snowdrift. Who?s behind these sinister acts? Is the culprit trapped in the lodge with them? The Hardys are determined to find out?before they?re caught in an avalanche of danger.

...........................................................................................

WOW! This one sounds really exciting to me- I like the concept of the possible hidden criminal (or maybe even murderer) trapped in the snow lodge with The Hardys and the guests. I like the ski lodge setting and the mystery set up- this sounds like it might be a good Christmas mystery read too [though I don't know if it's set at Christmas, but it's at least obviously set during winter.]
:) 8)

hardyboysfan

Don't forget, Into Thin Air is also going to be available on 10-22-2013! I can't wait to read it.