#10 Blown Away

Started by ken10, August 28, 2009, 02:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4567TME

Blown Away is  #10.
I found it so-so.
52%-mediocre

JoeHardyRocks

The first time I read it, I thought it was pretty bad, But then I re-read it, and I liked it. :) I give it a:

B-
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Never really liked it, and I enjoyed the early UB.

Olivia

I think most of it made sense and was believable. I generally liked it (from what I remember).

If people find it boring or just don?t like the plot, I get it. But like Double Trouble, I haven?t seen reasons why people don?t like it. Honestly, you don't have to explain yourself, but especially for Double Trouble - I'm still confused on why that one is not liked.

Hardy Man

I agree that Double Trouble was a very good book. Double Down was just about as good and I really liked how the Chinese Triads gang was introduced (marking perhaps the first time that the publishers have used a real-world gang, rather than an unbelievable made-up one, as a regular villain in a Hardy book). However, I found Double Deception to be quite lame and unimaginative. The producers were doing so well and the second book set up a scenario in which just about ANYONE could have been the ultimate bad guy of the series (except Slick, for obvious reasons). They could have gone in a million credible directions and decided to go with perhaps the most unbelievable one. I mean, I understand that Justin's brother may have wanted the success and the girl that his brother took advantage of, but how could he have seriously thought that he cold kill Justin and live his life? FOREVER!!!!! Questions were bound to arise, even if there was no body. Why did "Justin" suddenly have allergies?, Why was "Justin" missing for so long?, Why was "Justin" unable to fly a plane (the real Justin knew how to fly) and Why is he so uncharacteristically nice? are just a few.

Olivia

Hardy Man

Olivia

8)

Edited: I'm not sure what I was going to add here. Oh well.

4567TME

I think we're swinging off topic here. Hardy Man, since you are now the VP for the B.R.S., if you swing off topic during one of our discussions more than 3 times, I have the right to impeach you.