Article about Collecting

Started by hardygirl847, June 14, 2010, 02:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Article includes Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Tom Swift, and more!

http://www.abebooks.com/docs/RareBooks/Avid-Collector/Feb08/childrens-series.shtml

Be sure to click on "This Copy" and  "All Copies" see how much it costs...  :o  :o

My dreams of getting a first edition HB novel has gone out the window.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

wow...I know I've seen these books at much cheaper prices... I'd suggest checking the local antique stores and/or used bookstores for original prints of The Hardy Boys.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Yeah I might try that. I wasn't actually looking for anything in particular when I came across this article. I thought it was interesting though. I didn't realize that you have to be very careful with what you are buying. You may even think you have a first edition, but without certain information, you might not.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on June 14, 2010, 12:25:34 PM
wow...I know I've seen these books at much cheaper prices... I'd suggest checking the local antique stores and/or used bookstores for original prints of The Hardy Boys.

But they're probably not first editions.

Bigfootman

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 14, 2010, 02:17:22 AM
Article includes Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Tom Swift, and more!

http://www.abebooks.com/docs/RareBooks/Avid-Collector/Feb08/childrens-series.shtml

Be sure to click on "This Copy" and  "All Copies" see how much it costs...  :o  :o

My dreams of getting a first edition HB novel has gone out the window.

I got a first edition of the Twisted Claw at one of my favorite used book stores for way less then that.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Well, you do have to be careful about finding actual first editions, but I've definitely seen some first editions at a used book store I like for much more reasonable prices. (The difference here might just be the condition.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Well, I love my boys but those prices are steep. I would like to find a first edition that wasn't so pricey, fairly good condition, and actually what it says it is. That article mentioned that for it to be authentic it needs to have a certain listing. My hunt may be a long one....

chestermorton

Hi, I just joined. I think antique stores are a fair place to find the books. I bagan collecting years ago.

Chet

chestermorton

Oh, And I'd just like to thank you very kind folks for having me!

Chet :D