More likely to kill: Frank or Joe?

Started by SDLagent, December 18, 2009, 02:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokerette

exactly what i meant. while iola's death really disturbed Joe, it's not like everything he dead was affected by that. he still jokes and flirts with other girls and so on and so forth. but i think frank is more capable of holding a grudge. it may not make sense but sometimes the most sensible people (when it all boils down) are the most insensible.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Olivia

I'm enjoying everyone's responses. I'm starting to look at it a bit differently.

My stance for now (remember, just my opinion):

Joe is more likely/has a better chance of killing someone because I believe his emotions would cloud his thinking, and he wouldn't think about how much strength he is using on someone. He would act "in the moment".

Frank would generally have an easier time killing because he could turn off his emotions*. But when it comes down to it, he would push Joe out of the way to do it himself so Joe wouldn't have to go through it or live with it (that is, if they were in a situation where both of are there and one or the other has to do something).

*Full credit to SDLagent - thanks for putting it this way, as I never thought of it in those terms

hardygirl847

Very interesting....I agree that Joe would be more likely to be impulsive but Frank would find it easier. If my life was in danger (and I was a HB character) there is no doubt that either one of them would help me, fight for me, or even kill someone for me*. However, if I asked them to whack someone off that I didn't like...there's no chance that would happen. They would turn me into the police. Frank and Joe are too upstanding to do that. BUT we are going on the hypothetical what if scenario...and I agree what a lot that has been said.

*Whether I was a stranger, a friend, or family member...I think this would hold true. If there was more emotional investment, I'm sure it would be to another degree. Either way, they defend and protect...not kill and destroy.

In Thick as Thieves (Casefile #29), Joe thinks Frank is dead so goes after the person who shot him. He has the flare gun aimed at him ready to shoot. That is page 102. On page 103....

"What am I doing?" Joe thought with a jolt just before he pulled the trigger. He was about to kill a man, and killing wasn't his style. He wanted to bring Chavo to justice, real justice.  That's what Frank would have wanted, he told himself.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

hexton

In the originals-no way.
In the Casefiles it's split. Joe is impulsive whereas Frank is methodical. It could go either way depending on the situation, but it has to be no other choice for either to really go off in that direction.