The Hardy Boys Secret Files

Started by tomswift2002, March 12, 2009, 08:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I was just checking Wikipedia on the Hardy Boys entry, when I noticed that someone had put this on wikipedia about a new Hardy Boys series that is supposedly going to be launched in 2010:

Quote from: Wikipedia
The Hardy Boys Secret Files (2010-)
(Presumably similar to the Clues Brothers, based on the $4.99 retail price advertised. Series begins in 2010. Individual titles are not known at this time).

1. (ISBN 1416991646) APR 2010
2. MAY 2010
3. (ISBN 1416991654) JUN 2010
4. AUG 2010
5. (ISBN 1416991662) OCT 2010

Has anyone else heard about this series?

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

So that you know, the Wikipedia info has been deleted.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

This has been on Wikipedia for a few weeks, but other then that I haven't heard of it.

tomswift2002

And there is nothing else out there to support the claim.

SDLagent

Yeah, and there's no matchs to those ISBN.

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 12, 2009, 12:38:22 PM
So that you know, the Wikipedia info has been deleted.
I have seen this in 2006, suppoesed to come out in 2007. ::)

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

There should be that series. How come ND has two kids stories and HBs have 1? The more HBs the merrier, so long as the UBs live.

tomswift2002

The Clues Brothers got cancelled due to low sales.

003Robin457

I know but in order for the third time to be a charm we need to get trough a second. ;)

Olivia

They should concentrate on the quality of the UBs instead of making another series IMO.

Actually, I think younger kids would have no problems reading the UBs. But with all that "murder" stuff the content may not be suitable. I don't know.

SDLagent

I wouldn't want any young kids reading UB, not just because of the "murder" but because they're so lame, I wouldn't want kids' view of books to be of that.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on March 13, 2009, 04:16:12 PM
I wouldn't want any young kids reading UB, not just because of the "murder" but because they're so lame, I wouldn't want kids' view of books to be of that.

Yeah, if I were to suggest a good starting Hardy Boys book for a kid, I would have to say start with The Tower Treasure or Attack of the Video Villains.  Or even for a kid in Grade 1, I might suggest First Day, Worst Day.

SDLagent

I would suggest ''The Tower Treasure'' or one of the early other Hardys. I think most parents are most comfortable with their kids reading those books, because they read them as kids.

The first book I read was the revised ''The House on the Cliff''. I pretty much learned to read on the Hardys!

tomswift2002

With Attack of The Video Villains I was thinking of that one because it involves pirated copies video games that contain "back doors" or secret codes that are not in the normal version of the game (most the games are suppose to be for demonstration only, and are not official copies of the game).

hardygirl847

On Amazon.com there is a mysterious book...

Hopping Mad (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files) (Paperback)
~ Franklin W. Dixon (Author)
Price:    $4.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
   Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This title has not yet been released.
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

No cover is available.

Other Info listed...

Editorial Reviews

Product Description
Seven and eight year-old Frank and Joe Hardy solve cases with their friends in the third book of the Clue Crew-esque chapter book series!
Product Details

* Reading level: Ages 9-12
    * Paperback: 96 pages
    * Publisher: Aladdin (September 14, 2010)
    * Language: English
    * ISBN-10: 1416993959
    * ISBN-13: 978-1416993957
    * Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
    * Amazon.com Sales Rank: #823,628 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

*SO...No offense to my beloved Hardys, but if they are 7 and 8 I will skip this book/series. The things I like most about the boys and the books are the situations that they get into. Sorry but 7 and 8 year olds don't have murders following them or Assassins after them either. The situations elementary school age kids could get into is too juvenile for me. Might be good for young kids but I'll stick to my Casefiles.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)