"Movie Mayhem: Book Three in the Deathstalker Trilogy" cover art up!

Started by MacGyver, June 02, 2011, 02:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Hey- just thought I'd let you all know that the cover art for The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers- Movie Mayhem: Book Three in the Deathstalker Trilogy (wow, that's a really long title! ;D) is now up at Amazon.com
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 02, 2011, 02:35:25 PM
Hey- just thought I'd let you all know that the cover art for The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers- Movie Mayhem: Book Three in the Deathstalker Trilogy (wow, that's a really long title! ;D ) is now up at Amazon.com

That sure is! :) I loved the first book. Have you read it?

MacGyver

No. I've been maintaining a collection of The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers books, but sadly enough I have not actually read any of them yet- just flipped through some and I have read all of the graphic novels though, which are set in that same universe. Between that and comments here and The Hardy Boys Wiki, I guess I've read about them a good bit anyway. I will get around to reading these eventually- at least Extreme Danger, anyway. I keep seeing a lot of negative things about the whole series though and it's made me less wanting to read the books though...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 02, 2011, 02:50:22 PM
No. I've been maintaining a collection of The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers books, but sadly enough I have not actually read any of them yet- just flipped through some and I have read all of the graphic novels though, which are set in that same universe. Between that and comments here and The Hardy Boys Wiki, I guess I've read about them a good bit anyway. I will get around to reading these eventually- at least Extreme Danger, anyway. I keep seeing a lot of negative things about the whole series though and it's made me less wanting to read the books though...

Hey, I like them! ;D

MacGyver

Good to know they do have some fans. ;D
And I'm not saying I don't like them- I like all of The Hardy Boys media, at least to some degree. And I do enjoy the graphic novels and there are some aspects of the Undercover Brothers universe that I enjoy. The modern, high tech missions are pretty neat- I can definitely appreciate how they marketed this series to younger boys and the young boy in me definitely likes that. But there are others things I don't like in it- but like I said, I need to read a few before I draw any final verdicts.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 02, 2011, 03:00:16 PM
Good to know they do have some fans. ;D
And I'm not saying I don't like them- I like all of The Hardy Boys media, at least to some degree. And I do enjoy the graphic novels and there are some aspects of the Undercover Brothers universe that I enjoy. The modern, high tech missions are pretty neat- I can definitely appreciate how they marketed this series to younger boys and the young boy in me definitely likes that. But there are others things I don't like in it- but like I said, I need to read a few before I draw any final verdicts.

Even us girls like the UB's better then the Nancy Drew Girl Detective series. :o ;)

MacGyver

I haven't read any of the Nancy Drew: Girl Detective series either, but I do have a few books from that series that I thought looked interesting. (Mainly the first one in the series- Without A Trace- and the first Super Mystery- Where's Nancy?)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 02, 2011, 03:08:01 PM
I haven't read any of the Nancy Drew: Girl Detective series either, but I do have a few books from that series that I thought looked interesting. (Mainly the first one in the series- Without A Trace- and the first Super Mystery- Where's Nancy?)

I did like that one. ;) ;D

hardygirl847

Okay well I apparently missed the first book even being out but I have a hard time reading trilogies unless I have all 3 books. I don't like to wait in suspense! So I will probably get all 3 at the same time, if they are good.

I did like the Lost Trilogy mainly because it involved Frank being in some danger. I like danger. :) lol

Mac, they are definitely not all great...Out of all of the series, I'd say you have a good chance at not being thrilled with the Ubs. Most of the bluespines, digests, and especially Casefiles are good every time. Ubs are more miss than hit. IMO
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

You don't need to worry about suspense. There wasn't much connecting the books in the UB trilogies I read. If you ask me, it was a bit of a stretch to call them trilogies.

MacGyver

QuoteMac, they are definitely not all great...Out of all of the series, I'd say you have a good chance at not being thrilled with the Ubs. Most of the bluespines, digests, and especially Casefiles are good every time. Ubs are more miss than hit. IMO
That is the general vibe that I've gotten. Nonetheless, I do think I'd like to at least read the first title pretty soon. I feel pretty confident I can probably roll through these books fairly quickly. If and when I ever do getting around to reading any of the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers titles, I'm sure I'll wind up posting a review somewhere.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: MacGyver on June 02, 2011, 03:08:01 PM

The first Super Mystery was pretty weak.... The Girl Detective series has been pretty consistent though, I don't remember any books being particularly bad.. :)

Quote from: SDLagent on June 14, 2011, 07:19:16 PM
You don't need to worry about suspense. There wasn't much connecting the books in the UB trilogies I read. If you ask me, it was a bit of a stretch to call them trilogies.

Amen.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."