#10 Hostage Of Hate

Started by tomswift2002, February 14, 2018, 09:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

#10 Hostages Of Hate
Published December 1987

Plot: The Hardy's, Fenton Hardy and Callie Shaw are attending a Counter-Terrorism conference in Washington.  Callie is selected to be a passenger on an airplane that will be "hijacked" by a bunch of terrorists---terrorists that are played by law enforcement people in a demonstration.  Unfortunately the demonstration goes wrong and the plane is hijacked for real---with Callie on board. 

I'm currently reading this book.  It's interesting how early on in the series, besides having the books deal with more violent crimes than the Mystery Stories, the authors and editors were trying to get Callie in on the action.  Dead on Target & Cult Of Crime both had Callie joining in on the adventure, along with the other Hardy friends, and then See No Evil had Callie basically go it alone, and now Hostages Of Hate has Callie really involved.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I suspect the writers and editors wanted to have a stronger female presence in general.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Yeah—-but as I recall after the first 20 book, they kind of left that behind.  I also wonder if Callie was a test for the Super Mystery'88 series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca