Hardy Boys: Children of the Lost

Started by SDLagent, August 25, 2009, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Well, let's hope the story is better than the cover then. You know the old saying... ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: William Shakespeare on November 19, 2009, 06:52:26 PM
OK--that is just an AWFUL job with Photoshop

Agreed.  It just looks weird having Frank and Joe standing in shorts and T-Shirts in front of a forest that seems to be covered in fog.   It makes it look like the story takes place in the late-fall/early-spring, and yet Frank and Joe are ready for a day at the beach in the middle of July.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on November 19, 2009, 12:38:42 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Children-Lost-Mystery-Undercover-Brothers/dp/1442402628/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_46

The book is actually called "The Children of the Lost" and it's the first book in "The Lost Mystery Trilogy"- sounds pretty cool. :)

Actually I think the actually book title is Children Of The Lost, since if you notice what is on the cover of the book there is no "The". 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Where's the "the"? ;D
Okay- guess it's just "Children of the Lost". I think that sounds a bit better anyway.

It'll just be a matter of time to see if the story lives up to the title.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Personally, I think it sounds better with the "the". Doesn't make that much of a difference, though.

hardygirl847

Casefiles are my favorite but if I wanted to get into one of these new ones...do you have a suggestion as to which one would hook me in the most?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 02, 2009, 11:42:39 PM
Casefiles are my favorite but if I wanted to get into one of these new ones...do you have a suggestion as to which one would hook me in the most?

None.

Hardy Man

I'm willing to bet that this so called book is probably along the same plot-line as Operation Survival was.... That is the kind of conservative, smart thing that S&S would do.

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I'd recommend you skip the UB altogether. But if you really want to read them, try the first one, Extreme Danger, or Wanted.

The best series in the Undercover Brothers continuity is Scott Lobdell's graphic novel series, though.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 04, 2009, 01:36:28 AM
None? :( Are you saying I should just skip the UBs altogether?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. 

But I have to agree with SDLagent: Scott Lobdell's graphic novels are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the regular UB's.

hardygirl847

Thanks for the advice!! That saves me a lot of time and money!!

SDLagent

The final book in the Lost Trilogy is to be entitled Forever Lost and will be published in January 2011. Ironic for a series that has definitely "lost it's way".

4567TME

It's kinda disappointing that the books are coming out every four months instead of every other.

SDLagent