Possible Title for Hardy Boys Clue Book #9

Started by tomswift2002, May 26, 2018, 10:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I just saw on Wikipedia that there is a possible title for Hardy Boys Clue Book #9.  Someone over there has posted the title as Who Let The Frogs Out? with an April 2, 2019 (a Tuesday). release date.  As I said this was on Wikipedia, and its not on Amazon, Chapters or Simon & Schuster's own website.  But, boy even with the book still over 10 months away, it already sounds dated, with a not so subtle reference to the 2000's rap song Who Let The Dog's Out?.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

The Baha Men song is more of a reggae song, I think. Wikipedia classifies the group's music as junkanoo, a style of Bahamian music. (They're from the Bahamas). Even if the kids don't get the title, the writer probably figures the parents buying the book do- or just thought it was funny and fitting and doesn't care. Thanks for the heads-up on the title.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Either way, I never did like Who Let The Dogs Out? or any of the rap from the 90's to the present.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Really? Well, the song is a bit goofy and repetitive but I like it okay. (Not that I listen to it very often- lol.) I would say I don't like much rap from the '90s to today too though- or in general. I do like some and I like musical genre just fine- it's just a tricky matter finding uplifting lyrics. There are a few Christian rap artists I like (some Tobymac and Lecrae) but I don't listen to them all the time either. I listen to a variety of music styles though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I was just on Chapters.ca and I can confirm that #9 in the Hardy Boys Clue Book series is indeed called Who Let The Frogs Out?

Here's the write-up on the plot:

series.

Bayport Elementary is hosting a Mud Run to celebrate spring! A particularly muddy part of the town's park will be set aside for the race and Coach Lambert has even managed to make more mud by using the park's hoses and shovels. Frank and Joe can't wait to splash through the muck.

But on the day of the race, the runners are stopped in their tracks by croaking, blurping bullfrogs! Lots of people in the town had been annoyed that the park was being taken over by a bunch of muddy kids. Could someone have sabotaged the race with buckets of frogs?

Here's a shot of the cover art:https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/who-let-the-frogs-out/9781534414853-item.html?ikwid=Frnaklin+W.+Dixon&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=2

So far only Hardcover and Paperback editions seem to have been announced.

tomswift2002