Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery: Gold Medal Murder

Started by SkyWarp, February 25, 2010, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The cover art for the upcoming fourth novel in the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mystery series has been posted at Amazon.com.  "Gold Medal Murder" is due out July 6, 2010.

hardygirl847

Exciting! I hope my sister doesn't mind that I will be using her birthday as a frame of reference when remembering when this comes out! hehe

Will it be in stores though? It's been MONTHS since I've seen a ND/HB mystery of ANY kind in Borders.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Try Barnes & Noble- they usually carry all of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books. (They also used to carry the graphic novels, but it seems you can hardly find those in any stores anymore.)
And the cover looks pretty cool- perfect for the summer mood. Mysteries centering at the Olympics seem to make for pretty good books too. "Sabotage at Sports City" (#115) is one of my favorite of the Hardy Boys digests- I've read it many times. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

MacGyver

Yeah, that's a little weird. But they are releasing the book in the summer, so maybe they wanted to keep with the summer theme- since the release won't be in time for the 2010 Winter Olympics anyway.
Though for past books that have dealt with the Olympics, they generally have corresponded to the Olympics currently going on in the world.
#115 in The Hardy Boys Digest series- "Sabotage at Sports City" was released in 1992 in time for the Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain.
The only other one I know of set at the Olympics (sort of) is #33 in The Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery series (http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/series/nancydrew.php?book_no=033) - but this one was released in October 1997 and has the Hardy Boys working at the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah.
I never did exactly understand why they were there 5 years early though...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

4567TME

Maybe they're showing interest in real life events, for a change!

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on February 26, 2010, 03:50:39 PM
#115 in The Hardy Boys Digest series- "Sabotage at Sports City" was released in 1992 in time for the Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain.

Of course the "Olympics" in that book were set in an Eastern US state, not exactly tying into the Barcelona Olympics.

But I must say that the cover doesn't exactly put you in the "Olympic" spirit.  Why weren't the models in the pool?  (both "Frank" and "Joe" look like they want the picture taken real fast so that they can go and actually go swimming in the pool, or go play Wii Sports, and "Nancy" just looks ticked off)

And as for the Olympic theme, yeah S&S really missed the podium on this one.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Quotehttp://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/series/casefiles.php?book_no=111

Atlanta Olympics made it into the Casefiles.
Good catch- I'd forgotten that one. And that book came out in 1996 too, so at least that one was in step with the real life Olympics event.

hardygirl847

I guess I really don't care because I don't think of the stories always happening in current times or situations. This is mostly due to my love of Casefiles and some of them are kinda of dated. I love when they say things or use things that have evolved so much since the book was written. Also, with publishing and all that...maybe they were pushed back so had to go for a summer Olympics type of story. Either way, it's a NEW book and that's what matters.

I will have to check out the Sabotage at Sports City. Sounds good!

And I've tried Barnes & Noble as well. They also have a disgraceful supply of Hardy Boys books. I mean really...really...shameful. The internet is still my friend. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Man

Wow, this story actually sounds sort of okay.... And I'm not just saying that because the Nancy on the cover looks hooot.... Though that is enough to make me read the book... (Darn you F and J and your ability to just bump into hot girls that like you)

NancyDrew

Interesting! Thanks! I was starting to wonder about it. The cover looks interesting. I perfer it over the previous just cause it's more human.

SDLagent

Quote from: NancyDrew on April 17, 2010, 07:28:53 PM
Interesting! Thanks! I was starting to wonder about it. The cover looks interesting. I perfer it over the previous just cause it's more human.

I can see where you're coming from, but, at the same time, out of all the "no-Hardys" covers, I liked the ones in this series the best.

Olivia

Wow...Nancy is really, really blonde.

Not even in the realm of what I'd picture.

That's different.

SDLagent