Hardy Boys PC Games Maker Aquired

Started by SkyWarp, August 16, 2011, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Gamasutra reports that newly formed Nordic Games Publishing has acquired JoWood and its subsidaries, The Adventure Company and Dreamcatcher Games.  Both JoWood and The Adventure Company will be relaunched under the Nordic name.  No plans have been made at the present time in relaunching Dreamcatcher games.

There is also no mention of who currently owns the rights to creating or publishing Hardy Boys PC games.  JoWood ran out of cash earlier this year and basically closed its doors.

MacGyver

Good to hear. I know this doesn't necessarily mean we'll be seeing any PC video games coming for The Hardy Boys soon, but it definitely is a good step forward toward that.  :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

You also have to remember that for the first couple of years, "The Adventure Company" was also the distributor for the Nancy Drew games.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

I got through to a representative from Nordic Games, named Pelle Lundborg.   He said that Nordic has not finished going through all the "legal bits" of their aquisition, so he could not fully answer about the Hardy Boys games at the present time. 

I am hoping they will keep us informed.  I'll check back again later this year to see if they have anything further if he doesn't get back to me over the next month or so.

MacGyver

Cool! Thanks for keeping an eye on these things. And of course, as The Hardy Boys would surely agree, it's always good for a good detective to have good contacts. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Well, if Nordic Games does make another Hardy Boys, hopefully it isn't like The Perfect Crime, but more like The Hidden Theft!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

I'm hoping for something a little more sandbox style. And I'd like to see some fighting added to the next game, too.

Hardy Sleuth

Nice job finding out about that, SkyWarp! 8) I just went down the page agreeing with what everyone was saying - MacGyver about a good detective having good contacts 8), and tomswift2002 about hoping a new Hardy Boys game will be more like The Hidden Theft than Perfect Crime 8), and SDLagent about hoping it will be more sandbox style and see the brothers kick criminal butt! 8) ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)