#104 Wild wheels

Started by goldie3, April 27, 2017, 01:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldie3

One word, DISAPPOINTING. The whole book fell pretty flat more, zero action and the mystery was sub par. The twist villain was so flat, that came outta nowhere, and the motive didn't make any sense at all. It was as if, the author decided the criminal in the last few pages.

Couldn't connect to any of the characters, including Lyndsey. I mean, putting a girl on a bike, doesn't always make for interesting characters. Both the boys were kind of out of character for me. While I had heard of the kiss shared between Lyndsey and Frank, and was expected to be insanely angry at him, it wasn't that bad. I mean, Lyndsey kissed him  :-\  he didn't reciprocate or anything. But yeah, Callie was sure more forgiving than I would have been in her place  ;D

Rating: 5/10

MacGyver

It's been a long while since I've read Wild Wheels. I don't recall it being all that bad- but then, I enjoy all of The Hardy Boys Casefiles to some degree. I mainly liked this one because it featured Frank and Joe on their dirt bikes again, something that happened a bit more in the Original series that I hadn't seen much at all in the Casefiles.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

I don't remember that much about Wild Wheels, but I liked it enough that I put it my top 30 Casefiles and read it twice. I don't remember the twist that well, but from what I recall, its far from the worst twist I've read. The worst would be "Poisoned Paradise", which had such a bad villain reveal that I still haven't finished the book. 

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

goldie3

I mean, its not the worst book or anything, but I just read True Thriller, Dead of Night, Foul Play, which are like my favorite books, so I guess, it just stuck out as bad in comparison to them. But ITA, poisoned paradise was just so bad

tomswift2002

I was just checking out my ranking for this book, and I ranked it as #94 on my list.  I don't remember much about the book, except that it was the last book with a painted cover before you got to the covers with the photos from the 90's TV show.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca