What do you want to know?

Started by SkyWarp, July 06, 2012, 11:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Also, I would think using curse words would be bad marketing for The Hardy Boys- seeing as how the books are aimed at children and most parents don't want their children using such language. I would think Simon & Schuster would hate to be held up as the one responsible for introducing people's kids to bad language- and thus possibly lose sales from some parents.
But as kosmicdust said, there are better ways to express oneself and I'd prefer the books stick with that. I thought that was at least one lesson the Adventures series learned from the Undercover Brothers books.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

So they swear in the Adventure books too?

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on May 07, 2013, 07:48:14 AM
I have a feeling this bit about Frank and Joe owning guns was probably only in the original text. Do you recall if it's mentioned in the revised text as well?

I guess this can be answered properly now since the revised text of "The Secret Of The Lost Tunnel" has Joe winning a gun.  So at least Joe owns a gun in the Revised books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Wow! Thanks for answering my question from 4 years back! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"