The Mystery of the Chinese Junk-1967 pilot

Started by MacGyver, July 08, 2011, 07:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakvale

Quote from: MacGyver on December 31, 2016, 12:43:47 PM
You may like to peruse the screen captures I've uploaded onto my Flickr page (among a few other random things. :)) :)  It's been a while since I've seen this, so I don't remember the Mr. Pan character offhand; I'm thinking he's probably toward the latter end of the pilot though.

Ah yes, thank you. They're very nice.

I agree with your above theory, I'm sure a better print must exist somehow, but it's doubtful that it will be released in any other than showing up on Ebay or the like.

And after rewatching it, I believe Mr. Pan is the guy standing watch on the cave from 44:54 - 44:58, when he is tackled and not seen again (nor do I believe he is seen prior). It's too hard to tell because of the quality, but if I had to venture a guess, that is Mr. Pan.

MacGyver

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed them and glad you hopefully found what you were looking for. Happy New Year! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: Oakvale on December 31, 2016, 06:23:19 PM
Ah yes, thank you. They're very nice.

I agree with your above theory, I'm sure a better print must exist somehow, but it's doubtful that it will be released in any other than showing up on Ebay or the like.

And after rewatching it, I believe Mr. Pan is the guy standing watch on the cave from 44:54 - 44:58, when he is tackled and not seen again (nor do I believe he is seen prior). It's too hard to tell because of the quality, but if I had to venture a guess, that is Mr. Pan.

It would be nice if Fox would release this through Amazon's create-a-space program, that is if the episode survives on anything (there's the remote possibility that aside from any work prints and off-air kinescope copies, the original master was destroyed in the 60's or 70's. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I would LOVE to see an official DVD release if possible. And yes- a on-demand DVD release would work well for this one.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Or on-demand Blu-Ray could always work.  Since it's a pilot the show could almost be considered a short-film.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Oakvale

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 01, 2017, 03:16:50 PM
It would be nice if Fox would release this through Amazon's create-a-space program, that is if the episode survives on anything (there's the remote possibility that aside from any work prints and off-air kinescope copies, the original master was destroyed in the 60's or 70's.

I'm fairly certain that the original high quality masters probably exists somewhere, if not in a Fox archive, in a private collector's archive. A better version might show up on E-Bay at some point, you never know. Hope springs eternal.

Riggs429

Hi, where can I download or get a copy of this episode?

MacGyver

See this post earlier in the thread. Someone has put it on Youtube.

MacGyver

And welcome to the forums, Riggs429! Enjoy your time here in the Hardy Boys world! :) 8)

MacGyver

I just ran across this pretty cool and rare promotional picture from this pilot online! :) 8)

Molly-Blue

Hi, Newbie here.  I couldn't seem to reply directly to some of the posts, but thanks so much I've been search for a good day for "The Mystery of the Chinese Junk" 1967. I didn't think to check for abbreviated titles. Good call. Even a poor print is better than no print IMHO.  ;D

cathsparks

I'd love to see the 1967 pilot, if anyone has a copy. It came out 3 years prior to my birth. Thank you!  :)

MacGyver

Check through this thread. Someone uploaded it to YouTube a while back; I believe the link's posted within the thread.

Raven

Sadly, Jan-Michael Vincent, who reportedly died in February 2019, played the role as Tony Prito (IMDB) in this show. I remember him most as Stringfellow Hawke in Airwolf.

MacGyver

Yes, that was sad to hear.  :(
I know he portrayed Tony Prito in one of his earliest roles, but yeah- I mainly know Jan-Michael Vincent for Airwolf. (Great show!)
May God comfort his family in this sad time.