Iola

Started by TaraHardy, December 21, 2010, 08:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaraHardy

Which book was it where Joe thought Iola was alive? Were there any other books that had her in them? (I haven't read any casefiles since I was young, and our library only had about 5 casefiles, lol)

MacGyver

Well, Iola Morton does have a brief appearance where she's still alive in Dead on Target- the very first of the Hardy Boys Casefiles- but she dies in a car explosion in that one, of course. The Lazarus Plot features her possible return as Frank and Joe speculate that she may still be alive- and they seem to actually find her alive again in this one. She returns again in a similar fashion in Dead of Night as well. Those are the main ones, but she's mentioned in other books. I'm pretty sure Iola is mentioned in Joe's haze of memories in Brother Against Brother and there may be other places too. In the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermysteries (1988) series, Shock Waves mentions Iola and the events of Dead on Target as well.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

TaraHardy

Woah, I'm finally replying. Thanks, btw  ;) So she isn't actually alive, that was just her double?

I'm going to order the books through my library now :)

MacGyver

You got it. I was trying to be kinda vague though as to not give away key plot elements of the books for any who have not read them yet. Definitely- order the books through your library. They are all well worth the read. :) And hey- no problem.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"