Graphic Novel #15: Live Free, Die Hardy!

Started by SDLagent, April 11, 2008, 02:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did you like "Live Free, Die Hardy''?

5 stars - great
4 (66.7%)
4 stars - good
2 (33.3%)
3 stars - average
0 (0%)
2 stars - below average
0 (0%)
1 star - horrible
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

SDLagent

The title of the 15th installment in The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel series has been revealed on Amazon.com as ''Live Free, Die Hardy!''. It will be released on November 25, 2008, in both paperback and hardcover format.

Note that the title is a play on the title of the most recent film in Bruce Willis's Die Hard series, ''Live Free or Die Hard'', in much the same way as ''A Hardy's Day Night'' is a play on the first Beatles film, "A Hard Day's Night".

tomswift2002

I'm not trying to complain here, but can't Papercutz come up with some more original title's than spoofing movie titles?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Yeah, A little annoying. Of course, they alreasy have done over 700 books, they have to be running out of names! :D
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Q

tomswift2002

Quote from: Centrion on April 11, 2008, 06:50:26 PM
Yeah, A little annoying. Of course, they alreasy have done over 700 books, they have to be running out of names! :D

Well, look at the Star Trek series.  Over 700 episodes plus around 1200 print novels and short stories, and sure they are reusing a few names, but they are still able to come up with good titles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

I just got #13 The Deadliest Stunt today, and at the front where it shows all the other graphic novels, there is a picture for Live Free Or Die Hardy, and the picture shows the Hardy's lying on the ground with the father and twin sister team from WARD standing over them.

Q

So, Skywarp, when is the cover for Live Free, Die Hardygoing to appear on the website. ??? ???

SDLagent

Also notice that the name has been slightly changed from ''Live Free, Die Hardy!'' to ''Live Free or Die Hardy''. I guess because Papercutz hasn't been changing the cover lately so they feel the need to change the names.  :P

Quote from: Q on June 03, 2008, 02:20:19 PM
So, Skywarp, when is the cover for Live Free, Die Hardygoing to appear on the website. ??? ???

It would be nice if they did, but I don't think Papercutz is in the habit of sending SkyWarp book info before, like say Amazon, so keep checking there.

Unless SkyWarp asked...maybe they would then...

SkyWarp

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on June 04, 2008, 01:50:47 AM
Also notice that the name has been slightly changed from ''Live Free, Die Hardy!'' to ''Live Free or Die Hardy''. I guess because Papercutz hasn't been changing the cover lately so they feel the need to change the names.  :P

It would be nice if they did, but I don't think Papercutz is in the habit of sending SkyWarp book info before, like say Amazon, so keep checking there.

Unless SkyWarp asked...maybe they would then...

Hmmmm, I should see if I can ask them.  I got the high-res versions of the images for the upcoming video game just by asking.  Different company though, so who knows. 

SDLagent

Quote from: SkyWarp on June 04, 2008, 06:00:06 PM
Hmmmm, I should see if I can ask them.  I got the high-res versions of the images for the upcoming video game just by asking.  Different company though, so who knows. 

For their Tales of the Crypt series Papercutz wrote'', ''To request further information or preview art, please contact Papercutz editor Jim Salicrup at salicrup at papercutz dot com'', so it's probably the same with The Hardy Boys series.

Centrion

That would be a pretty valuable asset to the website if they would send it to SkyWarp. Let's hope...
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

SDLagent

When are we going to see this cover? And I don't mean on this site, I mean any where...

tomswift2002

It's in GN #13 on the "Books In..." page.

SDLagent

SDLagent

SkyWarp now has the cover on the site! Unfortunately it's the same size as the version in Graphic Novel #13, since, by the looks of it, it is just that, a scan from GN #13. I guess Papercutz didn't send the cover.  :(