The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Nice job, MacGyver! 8) What trivia question have you got for us? :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

What criminal did The Hardy Boys catch who coincidentally shared the name of a famous science fiction writer?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Okay MacGyver, I guess no one's going after your question.

Anyway, here's a new trivia question.

In which Casefile is the Hardy's van first mentioned?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

lol- after only a year? I'd forgotten about this thread. I think I'd have to look it up to find the answer myself to my last question. (When I get a chance, I'll find it and post it.)
Thanks for reviving the thread, tomswift2002.
I'm pretty positive I know the answer to your question, but I'll see if anyone else wants to take a crack at it first.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Okay- to answer my own last question, the guy's name I was looking for is Larry Niven, known for his Ringworld book, among many others. If I recall correctly, a character (who turns out to be the villain) by this same name appears in the "Danger in the Sky" story in Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths 2! book.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 27, 2017, 12:20:27 PM
Okay- to answer my own last question, the guy's name I was looking for is Larry Niven, known for his Ringworld book, among many others. If I recall correctly, a character (who turns out to be the villain) by this same name appear in the "Danger in the Sky" story in Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: Super Sleuths 2! book.

Okay.  Larry Niven is also known for his Star Trek Animated Series episode "The Slaver Weapon" where he crossed his Known Space Universe creatures the Kzinti into Trek's universe.  The Kzinti's were going to make an appearance in Star Trek Enterprise's 5th season, but obviously that didn't happen.

But I thought it would've been like Stephen King or Christopher Pike (another Trek-related author).

But back to my question.  It may seem easy, but really, it's not.

tomswift2002

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 26, 2017, 06:02:52 PM

In which Casefile is the Hardy's van first mentioned?

Anyone going to guess?

MacGyver

I didn't know Larry Niven had contributed to the Star Trek universe- and I definitely didn't know Christoper Pike had! (Captain Christoper Pike sure- but not the author. ;) ;D)

Now that you mentioned this about the question with the van, I feel like I may need to revise my earlier guess. However, if no one else is guessing, I'll put out what I feel now is the "obvious" answer that may not actually be technically right now.

Dead on Target

tomswift2002

I figured someone would go for the easy answer.  Unfortunately, "Dead On Target" is not the answer.

MacGyver

Okay- that's what I thought. In that case, I feel like I know the answer for sure now, but as I said earlier- I'd rather let someone else guess first.

tomswift2002

Anyone else giving to take a guess?

MacGyver

Okay, then- I'll put in my other guess. Cult of Crime?

tomswift2002

Yes it's "Cult Of Crime".  And it's Joe who appears in it first.

MacGyver

Okay. Well, while we're speaking of vehicles, what book outside of The Hardy Boys Casefiles mentions Frank and Joe's yellow sedan after they get their van?