Movie Menace

Started by Bigfootman, September 25, 2010, 05:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Capt. Santa Claus,

There are several trends right now that the HBs are following. My statement was meant for all the story lines that are doing that. With the GNs, they are going with zombies. However, my overall point was not necessarily directed just at the Deathstalker Trilogy. Hardys are CLASSIC. They don't NEED to follow trends.

For instance, a lot of the older stories were original and had little to do with anything else going on at the time (from what I can remember).

Now, many of the stories have something influenced by the main media, society, etc. Stories about television shows, reality based shows, zombies, etc.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I just think they don't need it.

PS I LOVED Crawling with Zombies and look forward to the whole series.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

One UB even referenced the current season of Lost. Maybe the ghoster was seeing how fast he could age a novel.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on November 02, 2010, 05:36:12 PM
Confirmed. It'll be out September 2011.

Actually, Book 2 is going to be called Movie Mission according to chapters-indigo.ca and simonandschuster.com. (and will most likely be the last Hardy Boys book of 2011)

Plus both sites now have (I think it's temporary artwork though) artwork for Movie Menace :http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Movie-Menace-Book-One-Deathstalker-Franklin-W-Dixon/9781442402584-item.html?ikwid=franklin+w.+dixon&ikwsec=Books

But if you look closely, while the title Movie Menace is right by Frank's hip, just above the HBUB logo it says "Book One In the Lost Mystery Trilogy".  Either Simon & Schuster were just reusing the template for the cover, or else what is now being used for Movie Menace was suppose to be the original cover for The Children Of The Lost.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Am I the only one feeling d?j? vu?

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca