QUOTES

Started by Kerin, July 05, 2007, 10:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

tomswift2002

Quote from: kerin on July 23, 2007, 08:10:31 PM
Quote:Once there, they took some time to tune up their bikes.We should take these out more often Joe said.I really like riding.Remember that time we road down to Bay Road to that house on the cliffs?That was an adventure,Frank agreed.Seems like ages ago.I know,Joe said.Sometimes it feels like we,ve been solving mysteries for the better part of the century.

Could it possible be from Motocross Madness?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

I love these quotes  ;D Keep 'em coming!

Kerin

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 01, 2007, 06:06:27 PM
I love these quotes  ;D Keep 'em coming!

I'm glad you like them.Heres another.

The police cheif let out a sigh to vent some of his frustrasion.Thats not the point.I know you boys mean well,but I can't condone your junior detective antics.One of these days your going to get seriously hurt.He stopped and took a closer look at Joe.What happedned to your head?Joe put his hand up to cover the dark bruise on his forehead.A compleatly unrelated accident,Frank asserted.He's been training for luge.Nobody told him you need a special kind of sled and a crash helmet.Or that oyur supposed to go down the hill feet first,Vanessa chipped in,grinning michievously.The police cheif through his hands up in disgust.I give up!I'm going to get an officer to take your statements.After that I want you out of my sight.Are we clear on that?Crystal clear,Joe assured him.Just one question,Frank said.Cheif collig glared at him.What?Do you still think the fire at Andrea'sstudio was an accident?The police cheif put his hands on hips.I'm not getting through to you am I?I know what you're thinking,and you can forrget it.The investigation didn't turn up anything definite.The lighter with the initials S.G. is the only solid clue we have and even if we could link it to the fire which we can't,it still reads like an accident.And futhermore,he continued forcefully,even if the fire wasn't anaccident and there's some connectionbetween the fire and this explosion,the police department will handle it not the police and there pals Frank and Joe Hardy.Got it?Does that mean we're not pals anymore?Joe asked inoccently.Cheif Colligs eye flicked between the two brothers.Great,he said.Why can't you guys do what other kids do?Don't you play football or baseball or anything like that?It's the middle of winter,Joe said.Hockey or basketball would be more like it.Don't forget the luge,Vanessa reminded him.Joe rubbed his throbbing head.How could I?The police cheif started to say something,then changed his mind,spun around,and stomped off.I don't think he was happy to see us,Joe observed.-Mayhem in motion.

Whew that was a lot to type. :) But that is one of the best quotes of the book. ;)

If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

"You!"

Awesome quote. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  :D
CAB :)

tomswift2002

Looks like Mayhem in Motion is the best book for quotes.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Kerin

Quote from: "You!" on August 02, 2007, 02:14:40 AM
Awesome quote. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  :D

Me too. :)

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 02, 2007, 01:12:18 PM
Looks like Mayhem in Motion is the best book for quotes.

Yeah it is.there are alot of good quotes from that book.here's another.

Frank shot a side long glance at his brother.Do you watch that show often?Hardly at all anymore,Joe replied.Thats a relief,Frank said.It's nice to know you're finally outgrowing cartoons.I'm not,Joe said bluntly.It's just that all the good ones are on saturday morning before nine.Who's up that early on weekends?I'm glad we're almost home,Frank muttered.I don't think I can take much more of this conversation.

tomswift2002

I was just re-reading the pre-Casefile Digest The Crimson Flame when I came upon this fun quote on pg 130:

'"What's the big hurry?" his brother teased.  "You got a date?"

"Oh, no," said Joe casually.  "Just a python.  Let's get out of here!"'

Kerin

SDLagent

QuoteI tried to imagine Frank trashing anything. It made my head hurt. He doesn?t even trash his bedroom. He?s freakishly neat. I?ve been thinking about having him studied by a team of scientists. I suspect he isn?t a hundred percent human.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
-Operation Survival

SDLagent

This quote is from Digest #150 The Crisscross Crime and is one of my favorites, here it is:

QuoteFrank glanced at the floor of the car. There, he saw a crumpled box and a circle of golden brown crust.

??Oh, don?t tell me??? Joe moaned from the backseat.

??Yup,?? Biff said. ??I brought you guys a hot pizza, but looks like it took a header in the crash.??

Frank gingerly lifted the pie and flipped it back into the box. The floor was covered with a wet, gooey mix of cheese and sauce.??

??Sorry,?? Biff said.

??Don?t worry,?? Joe said, motioning for Frank to hand him the box. ??I?m not letting this thing go to waste.??

Biff and Frank grimaced in disgust as Joe scooped up some loose cheese and pepperoni and glopped them on a soggy chunk of crust. He slurped in a stray strand of mozzarella.

??Mmm. Still hot,?? he said.

Sam Spade

These two are quotes from Digest #146 The Mark Of The Blue Tattoo. ;D

"I want to see to it that you boys get the fame you deserve," *(Aaron)* MaCay continued. *(Talking the the Hardys)* "Here's my idea. You let my follow you around and take notes on your next investigation. And when it's finished, I'll write it into the form of an adventure story. Don't worry, I'll change the names and some of the details to keep from embarrassing anybody. I'll bet it'll be a big hit. In fact, it wouldn't suprise me if the publishers decided to do a whole series of books about you. What do you say?"
"My brother and I would have to think it over," Frank said.

And...

"We'd better make a preemtive strike," Joe said. "Look scared. We want to make them overconfident."
"Looking scared shouldn't be hard," Frank said grimly. "If you think it'll help, I'll look totelly paralyzed with fear!"

*(By the way SDLagent, what book did you get that qoute from that you use as your signatature ???)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Olivia

Quote from: Sam Spade on September 07, 2007, 01:26:20 AM
These two are quotes from Digest #146 The Mark Of The Blue Tattoo. ;D

"I want to see to it that you boys get the fame you deserve," *(Aaron)* MaCay continued. *(Talking the the Hardys)* "Here's my idea. You let my follow you around and take notes on your next investigation. And when it's finished, I'll write it into the form of an adventure story. Don't worry, I'll change the names and some of the details to keep from embarrassing anybody. I'll bet it'll be a big hit. In fact, it wouldn't suprise me if the publishers decided to do a whole series of books about you. What do you say?"
"My brother and I would have to think it over," Frank said.

And...

"We'd better make a preemtive strike," Joe said. "Look scared. We want to make them overconfident."
"Looking scared shouldn't be hard," Frank said grimly. "If you think it'll help, I'll look totelly paralyzed with fear!"

*(By the way SDLagent, what book did you get that qoute from that you use as your signatature ???)

Ha Ha! The first one is especially great! I like when they make indirect references to their fictional lives ;D

Olivia

Okay, I have a couple! I got these off a site, but I remember reading them before 8)

"I guess that rules out bursting into his room and grilling him relentlessly for hours," Joe remarked.
Frank shot a look at his brother. "You've been reading too many cheap detective novels."
"They don't come much cheaper than us," Joe replied.
-Casefile #59, Open Season

Once there, they took some time to tune up their bikes.
"We should take these out more often," Joe said. "I really like riding. Remember that time we rode down to Bay Road to that house by the cliffs?"
"That was an adventure," Frank agreed. "Seems like ages ago."
"I know," Joe said. "Sometimes I feel like we've been solving mysteries for the better part of a century."
-Digest #190, Motocross Madness

http://www.geocities.com/kastormwatcher/hbindex.htm

Sam Spade

Okay oliviatocali, This is a qoute that I got off of that website that you gave us a link to :)

"Why are we wasting time at the library?"
Frank turned to his brother and smiled. "Trust me. I have a plan."
Joe rolled his eyes upward and groaned softly. "Your plans always get me in trouble."
"What kind of trouble can you get into in a library?"
Joe eyed him warily. "I don't know, and I'm not eager to find out."
Frank opened his door and got out of the car. "Have it your way. Stay here while I go inside."
"Really?"
"Really." Frank started to shut the door, paused, and stuck his head back inside. "Just one little thing."
"I knew it," Joe muttered. "What?"
"Wait ten minutes, and then come in and distract the librarian for me."
"Why?"
"Trust me. I have a pl-"
"I know, I know," Joe interrupted. "Take your plan and get going." -Open Season
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall