The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- here we go. Where did Frank and Joe solve a mystery involving a haunted hotel and a ghostly gunman?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on November 05, 2013, 08:06:50 AM
Now my next question is which book was that in- The Viking Symbol Mystery, perhaps?

No, it was from "New Year's Evil". (Viking Symbol has the boys in the pre-Nunavit Northwest Territories.)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Oh, okay- I remember that now about New Year's Evil. Surely those aren't the only two books where The Hardy Boys have been to Canada though?....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on November 06, 2013, 09:46:25 AM
Okay- here we go. Where did Frank and Joe solve a mystery involving a haunted hotel and a ghostly gunman?

That would be the Dead Season.

Next question.  What was the second Simon & Schuster imprint that the Casefiles were published under?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Wow- almost a year later! ;D
Glad to see someone finally revive this thread though.

As to the question at hand, hmmm- they didn't move to Aladdin, did they?

tomswift2002

MacGyver

I'm thinking this isn't it, but I'll put it out there anyway- Archway?

MacGyver

QuoteOkay- here we go. Where did Frank and Joe solve a mystery involving a haunted hotel and a ghostly gunman?

That would be the Dead Season.
By the way, I believe I was originally going for the location the Hardys go to in this book to solve the mystery, but it doesn't really matter at this point. [And as I'm sure you probably recall, that would be Barbados.]

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on October 27, 2014, 09:55:58 AM
I'm thinking this isn't it, but I'll put it out there anyway- Archway?

No.  Archway was the first imprint. 

MacGyver

Yeah, that's what I thought..... Um............... ???

tomswift2002

Here's another clue. 

At the time of the imprint change, another trait of the published series was also changed.

MacGyver

Okay.....I must admit I'm a bit stumped on this. I keep thinking of the later rerelease of some of The Hardy Boys Casefiles, particularly #95 Illegal Procedure, which was slightly taller than the usual Casefiles and according to Amazon's listing, it was apparently under Aladdin. (Not that I trust Amazon to always be accurate in all its listings...)

If that isn't what you're talking about, then I guess maybe- Grey Castle?

tomswift2002

No, Grey Castle was an independent licensee and was not owned by Simon & Schuster (unlike Archway and Aladdin).  Aladdin also is not correct.  Although, "Illegal Procedure" is a clue.

MacGyver

Okay then- I'll have to keep digging...

MacGyver