What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pookells

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 17, 2022, 04:12:17 AMThe Mystery Stories had a run of those type of stories between #84 and #105.  It seems from 1987-1990 Mega-Books had more Casefiles-type stories commissioned, so they turned some, like Breakdown In Axeblade &Shield of Fear into Mystery Stories

Also in the early 80's you can see the Stratemeyer Syndicate experimenting with what would be Hardy Boys Casefiles elements.  If you think Dead On Target was the only time the Hardy's yellow convertible was blown up think again!  Their yellow convertible was blown up in #74 Tic-Tac-Terror in 1982 and then replaced with a newer yellow convertible, which was the convertible blown up in Dead On Target.

https://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=3002.0

Oh i remember the explosion in Tic Tac Terror. That was one of my favorite digests in junior high.

MacGyver

Nice! I love the Digests! Great to see those titles being added to the encyclopedia too. :)  8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Pookells

MacGyver

I wound up selling it because I didn't have that much interest in it but I thought I would mention that I recently picked up the Scholastic paperback printing of Night of the Werewolf. I think that's the first time I've run across a Scholastic printing of The Hardy Boys though I've found plenty for Nancy Drew at times.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on October 03, 2022, 10:02:28 PMI wound up selling it because I didn't have that much interest in it but I thought I would mention that I recently picked up the Scholastic paperback printing of Night of the Werewolf. I think that's the first time I've run across a Scholastic printing of The Hardy Boys though I've found plenty for Nancy Drew at times.
I've never seen the Scholastic version of Night of the Werewolf.  But I've got both The Tower Treasure & The House On The Cliff (flashlight printings) that were published by Scholastic.  I think I might have one or two of the later file folder Mystery Stories published by Scholastic, but Scholastic published a bunch of Mystery Stories in the early-2000s (I think we're talking the Aladdin era so 2002-2005) including the Scarecrow cover of Ghost Stories

In the late-70's, Scholastic also published what could be considered the only bonus feature for the 1977-1979 Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, the behind the scenes book by Peggy Hertz Nancy Drew & The Hardy Boys (aka The Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew in later printings).

I also have from Nancy Drew the early-80's printing of The Captive Witness.  This is one Nancy Drew book that many think was a Hardy Boys originally, but was changed to a Nancy Drew before publication.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I just recently got two really cool items!
The first one is The Hardy Boys Secret-Code Activity Book by Tony Tallarico!
It includes illustrations and activities, along with short stories to set up the activities. I assume the framing stories are based on the books but they might be original material!
I will have to look more closely to confirm that.
    The other item I got is an Armada boxed set of The Hardy Boys books that features Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy as Frank and Joe Hardy! It also includes While The Clock Ticked and The Wailing Siren Mystery, the two books that featured photographs of Stevenson and Cassidy on the covers! As a huge fan of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries TV show, I am particularly happy to own this one!  :)  8)

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

I got The Smuggler's Legacy in the mail today, #25 in the Hardy Boys Adventures series.
   I also recently got The Hardy Boys Adventure Activity Book #2 by Tony Tallarico. It's totally unused too! :)  8)

MacGyver

I've gotten two Hardy Boys collectibles recently. For one, I finally decided to buy the board game released based on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries TV show. This is the standard American release, which is just in English. (I'm just mentioning this to differentiate from the Canadian version, which has both English and French.) It's called "The Hardy Boys Mystery Game: The Secret of Thunder Mountain". It's a fun collectible to have from the show; hopefully I'll get a chance to try playing it soon enough.
      And just today I got in the mail the book numbered 17 in The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories in the British numbering system used by Armada and Collins- and that would be a Collins hardcover copy of The Shore Road Mystery. :)  8)

hardygirl

Recently got that Hardy Boys Casefiles called Witness to Murder.

ldonaho

Collecting has changed so much over the years.  What took us months to find is now available so easily.  searches on the internet and online book stores have made so many things possible. The only comment about collecting that I can extend is:  The quality of the books have diminished so much.  Back in the 70's and 80's finding books were harder, but the quality of what you could find was amazing. There are still some very hard to find books.  Example:  I wonder if anyone has come across an edition of "The Short Wave Mystery" in purple binding. It was the only book bound in purple boards. I will look to see if I can find one and get someone to post it. The oddities of the printings are truly remarkable. If you can get a copy of Tony Carpentieris book from Synsine it is well worth the bucks. He has the most detailed book in the world regarding editions and printings. I have not talked to him for some years, but I do know that he is very helpful. I also have stayed in touch with several of the earlier artists.  Several still sell art on the internet and are available for commissioned pieces.  If you want to see some of the art, email me at lathdon @ yahoo . com      HAPPY HUNTING!!!!

VLoneWolf

I recently got the Hardy Boys The Case of The Counterfeit Criminals. I don't think I read this one before.