The Mystery of the Chinese Junk-1967 pilot

Started by MacGyver, July 08, 2011, 07:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Hi fellow Hardy Boys fans,
      Well, as a completist in so many things, I have been interested in of course reading all of The Hardy Boys books, but also seeking out all the television and other media incarnations of The Hardy Boys. And I finally was able to track down one of the rarest and hardest to find of their appearances. For anyone else who had heard about this fabled production and wondered about it, here is your opportunity to know more about it!
After much searching online, I have a copy of The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk 1967 pilot. It's not the best quality, but it's very much watchable. Keep in mind that it may well be coming from a 16mm reel originally.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Awesome! Thanks. I'll have to watch this later.

MacGyver

You're welcome. Let me know what you think when you get a chance. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

Thanks again, MacGyver! I know how much time and effort you put into this and it is very much appreciated.

MacGyver

Well, you're welcome. I was glad to do it- I think it's worth seeing. Too bad nothing further came of this- I think it was a really good effort overall.

Olivia

Yeah. That just reminds me that I have a lot of HBs to read (which I suppose is good - I'll have a never-ending supply, so to speak). I think I spend way more time on the forum than actually reading the series, though.

MacGyver

Haha- well, though I do still have a few of The Hardy Boys books that I have yet to read (mainly the Undercover Brothers series and related books, but also the two Hardy Boys/Tom Swift Ultra Thrillers and the rest of the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery series ['88] and some of the other spin-off books), I've actually read most of The Hardy Boys books at this point (over years of reading them of course- from childhood through the present). And so I've read all of the original 58 Hardy Boys books and the Digests (#59-190) and The Hardy Boys Casefiles. I've been trying to get all of the original text version of The Hardy Boys books to read those as well though and so I've read a few of those now too. But yeah- I probably spend more time on the forum than reading the books in general too. lol- Need to crack some books open! So many to read- so little time... ;D

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on July 09, 2011, 11:06:48 PM
Haha- well, though I do still have a few of The Hardy Boys books that I have yet to read (mainly the Undercover Brothers series and related books, but also the two Hardy Boys/Tom Swift Ultra Thrillers and the rest of the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery series ['88] and some of the other spin-off books), I've actually read most of The Hardy Boys books at this point (over years of reading them of course- from childhood through the present). And so I've read all of the original 58 Hardy Boys books and the Digests (#59-190) and The Hardy Boys Casefiles. I've been trying to get all of the original text version of The Hardy Boys books to read those as well though and so I've read a few of those now too. But yeah- I probably spend more time on the forum than reading the books in general too. lol- Need to crack some books open! So many to read- so little time... ;D

I would have to admit I spend more time on this forum than I do reading The Hardy Boys, too. I've only read a few HB books over the last few years (and I don't think I've read one this year). I remember a time in my life when that would have been unimaginable.

Actually, come to think of it, I read Break-Up this year. So I've read a HB graphic novel but no novels.

MacGyver

Still about another month to go for the followup to that storyline...patiently waiting...

MacGyver

I've taken a number of screen captures from this pilot but I don't really know where would be a good place to put them. I put a few on The Hardy Boys wiki page for The Mystery of the Chinese Junk pilot, but I still have a lot of others. I've added some to a Flickr stream and I'm thinking I may just upload them there for now. Here's the link if anyone wants to check out a few pics from this pilot. (More to be added as I have time.) :)

SDLagent

MacGyver

HB@1718

Thanks MacGyver! Can't wait to watch it!

MacGyver

Not a problem- post your review in the forum if you get a chance. :)

MacGyver

Just so you all know, I finished uploading the screencaps I had taken to my Flickr page. So if anyone wants them for any purpose- enjoy. :)