Break-Up, Hardy Boys New Casefile #2

Started by SkyWarp, August 05, 2010, 12:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on November 30, 2010, 11:39:17 AM
I was going to say that one episode in particular would be "Game Plan"- though I think there were some spars (not necessarily fisticuffs though) between Frank and Joe in other episodes. This is seen to a much milder degree in the '90s show as well.
You also have this sort of scenario in Brother Against Brother and Dead of Night (#11 and #80 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles), but those scenarios were a bit different since we had amnesia and "crazy juice" involved in both, respectively.
In Casefile#104 Wild Wheels, Frank and Joe got into a fight, and they also got into a fight in the book before it, Casefile #103 Campaign Of Crime. 

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on January 30, 2011, 03:05:27 PM
In Casefile#104 Wild Wheels, Frank and Joe got into a fight, and they also got into a fight in the book before it, Casefile #103 Campaign Of Crime. 

What were they about? I can't remember.

MacGyver

Okay- so we do have some other examples- cool. It's been so long since I've read those books that I really can't recall the details on those- but good to know anyway.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on January 30, 2011, 02:56:15 PM

Have they actually come to blows or is it just with the criminals?  ???

Whenever Joe goes crazy and he's attacking Frank with his fists or a shovel or something, they actually hurt each other. Like when Joe was trying to charge into the burning car in Dead on Target, Joe was pulling Frank towards it then Frank knocked him out with some karate thing... But that was only cuz Joe wasn't paying attention!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Well, in the cases of Dead on Target and Dead of Night, yes, technically Frank and Joe were fighting in those opening scenes with Joe trying to get to the burning car and the burning boat, respectively. But of course, Frank was mainly just trying to restrain Joe for his own safety rather than out of malice or spite or anything.
Joe swings a shovel around at Frank during their fight scene in Dead of Night, by the way.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on January 30, 2011, 02:56:15 PM

Have they actually come to blows or is it just with the criminals?  ???

Yes, Frank and Joe fight in Brother Against Brother and at least another Casefile. One of the latter ones.

hardygirl847

It's never been when both of them are in their right minds though. Joe was hysterical when Iola blew up and on drugs when he swung the shovel at Frank. In BAB, he didn't know who HE was let alone who Frank was.

So this looks like one of the first (if not THE first) time they are acting "normal" and are at odds.

I am super excited to see what happens...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

hardygirl847

A month from tomorrow!!!! I am SUPER excited!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, it is in stores now- Just read Break-Up! - it was pretty good. Can't wait for the conclusion in the 3rd. Nancy Drew New Casefiles issue. :) 8)

SDLagent

Haven't got mine, yet. Good to wear it is a good read.

hardygirl847

I still have to reread it. I thought it was good but I was a little disappointed. I thought they would address certain things more and not leave us hanging as much as it did. I expected some of that, but I'm not loving the misleading back cover info.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on March 16, 2011, 12:58:42 AM
Well, it is in stores now- Just read Break-Up! - it was pretty good. Can't wait for the conclusion in the 3rd. Nancy Drew New Casefiles issue. :) 8)

Unfortunately we are going to have to wait till August for that.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I know- that seems like a really long time to conclude this story arc...