Comic Books

Started by hardygirl847, December 11, 2010, 05:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Please help because I am confused. While browsing Papercutz.com, I came across comic books?! For $2.95, there are 3 comic books listed different than the GNs.

http://www.papercutz.com/hb/hb_comic2.html

I clicked on "where to find" and there's some ordering information on there. Have you seen them?? Why/how are they different??

I realize it is probably the one book spread over 3 comic books, but I didn't even know these existed!

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Well, most graphic novels you see in stores actually aren't graphic novels. They're a selection of comic book issues that are collected into book form. It's the same for the first Hardy Boys graphic novel.

Papercutz originally planned to publish a comic book series but it was discontinued after three issues and replaced by a graphic novel series. Those first three issues were collected into one book and published as the first title in the graphic novel series.

For more info read this article. Under "Publication history".

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SkyWarp

If you come across these comics, you might want to look at the letter's pages in the back.  You might just find someone you all know. Maybe.  :)

hardygirl847

MacGyver

I do seem to recall seeing that some time ago in the letters page. Nice! :)
I had the original 3 comic book issues when they first came out, but I was content to replace them with the graphic novel, especially since the first issue corrected some errors in those 3 comic books.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I still have all 3 issues since they've been out-of-print for a few years.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Cool! I may try to hunt them down at some point.

SDLagent

Aren't two of the three issues still available from Papercutz?

MacGyver

You might try www.milehighcomics.com - You can get lots of great out-of-print comics there.  :)
Or just check your local comic books shop.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Yes, Papercutz offers the 2nd and 3rd one. Thanks for the link too. I have a hunch I won't find them around me in a store.

MacGyver

You never know. I've found all kinds of titles in the dollar bargain bins... ;D  - you just have to be willing to search for quite a while with those

hardygirl847

BARGAIN BINS?! HBs shouldn't be in the bargain bin! I would really like to back to the store I got a bunch of older bluespines for $5-$10. Those were a great find!

I'll probably use the internet before I search comic stores. I don't even know of a comic store near me. :/

MacGyver

QuoteBARGAIN BINS?! HBs shouldn't be in the bargain bin!
Well, that's where they usually put older titles and the comics did first release in 2004.

hardygirl847

Yeah I know it makes sense...I just wish everyone loved them as much as I do. :D  Well...maybe not. I don't like to share. hehe