First casefile

Started by White Eagle, October 24, 2007, 07:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hexton

Inferno of Fear-got it at a school book sale because I had exhausted the originals and had no idea of other Hardy series. Instantly liked the harder edge to the stories and began collecting the ones I could.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hexton on August 01, 2010, 04:33:27 PM
Inferno of Fear-

I remember that when I first bought the book, since it was on a bottom shelf, I thought that it was #66 The Phoenix Equation which I had been looking for (and, which at that time in 1998 Simon & Schuster had declared out-of-print, and I thought that the store maybe had old stock); unfortunately it wasn't 66, but I still bought it since I had not read it.  And I don't recall having read it since Christmas of 1998.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

P. Walker

Quote from: White Eagle on October 24, 2007, 07:33:11 AM
What was the first casefile you read and how did you come to read it?

I believe it was Dead On Target actually. Or at the very least one of the first five books. I saw my best friend Larry reading it and he was telling me how cool it was. Once he finished, i checked it out of the school library and was hooked on it. Read all the ones my schools library had in order...or as close as I could. Have been a fan ever since of the Casefiles. Incidentally last night I just finished DoT, havent read it since the mid-to-late 90s...and wow! Very topical even today...maybe even moreso. Terrorism of course has always been a big deal for the last 30 years or so, whether it was South American pro-Marxist guerillas or Islamic groups. There was a lot of nice touches that I picked up on now that Im sure I didnt pick up on in middle/high school. The historical account of the Assassins (Legend has it that the members of the sect would get high off of hashish), and the fact that they, according to The Gray Man, hire themselves out to the highest bidder. Once more I always wondered if they were referencing the fact that Carlos the Jackal (a very famous terrorist during the 70s and 80s) did the exact same thing)