Undercover Brothers: Private Killer

Started by SDLagent, March 05, 2009, 04:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The title of the 32nd book in The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers has been confirmed by Amazon.ca. ''Private Killer'', part two of the Killer Mystery Trilogy, is planned to for release in January 2010.

SDLagent

I have finally figured out what S&S was thinking when they decided to adopt the three part mini series format.

You see, they didn't feel The Hardy Boys was educational enough, so they decided to reinforce certain words to help kids prefect their writing skills. For example for the first trilogy teaches kids to spell "House", the Double Danger Trilogy, teaches kids how to spell "Danger", Galaxy X teaches them how to spell "X", and this trilogy, "Killer".

The head of The Hardy Boys series, Mr. Smuff, had this to say:
QuoteWe're always looking for new ways to teach kids, and we think we've really hit opon something here. Now, kids will see one word printed three times before they even open the book! And over the six months each trilogy runs, kids will read the same word over and over again, countless times. For example with our newest mini, kids will read "Killer" so many times in the six month run, that there's now way they'll ever forget how to spell "Killer".

And don't worry if you miss the first book of a trilogy - these books build toward a bigger story, but they are stories in themselves...plus book two of each trilogy, will be a rehash of book one, and three a rehash of two. We heard some of our fans are having trouble remembering whats happend in some of the books, and we really don't want that, so in an effort to help readers, like I said, book two will be the same as book one, with three the same as two.

Mr. Smuff was kind enough to provide us with a suggested reading order for the trilogies thus far:
Murder House
Deprivation House
House Arrest
Murder House

Double Danger
Double Trouble
Double Down
Double Deception

Galaxy X
Galaxy X
X-plosion
The X-Factor

Killer Mystery
Killer Mission
Private Killer
Killer Connections (I know this hasn't been confirmed by us yet, but since we don't have un official HB website, I add stuff to Wikipedia. So it's pretty much official)

He also noted that it doesn't really matter the order you read them in, especially if your a Star Wars fan.

003Robin457

I was wondering what happened to good old Smuff.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on March 05, 2009, 04:17:38 AM
The title of the 32nd book in The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers has been confirmed by Amazon.ca. ''Private Killer'', part two of the Killer Mystery Trilogy, is planned to for release in January 2010.

It's funny how Amazon.ca and Chapters.ca have that title, but none of the Simon & Schuster websites have it yet.   

Also, the Chapters website seems to indicate that Private Killer is not going to be a part of a trilogy.  Instead it looks, according to Chapters, to be a stand-alone title.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

A Super mystery? Been awile since we've seen one of those.

SDLagent

I'm pretty sure, it's part of the trilogy.

BTW, SimonandSchuster.com lists ''Haunted'' as a UB Super Mystery.

003Robin457

Long title.
Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Suber Mystery #3 Specail Ghost Stroies Edition Haunted.
I feel like I'm in the military. How about just Haunted?

SDLagent

You forgot the "The", so it's even longer then you thought.

003Robin457