The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Well I don't think hardygirl's looking for Chief Collig and Con Riley, considering that they'd have to have a gun permit for their job.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Right, but I was thinking maybe it was the one-off character Lisa/Gina.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

lol yeah cops don't count. It's funny that you said that because it didn't even cross my mind when I did the question. The person is not a reoccurring character that I know of. You are quite close MacGyver with your last statement. What is your final answer? :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Gina is not the one I'm looking for but you are super close.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

hardygirl847

Yes it was Lisa. It mentions it on page 93 of See No Evil #8

You're turn!

MacGyver

What item does Joe keeps as a constant reminder of his detective work?

tomswift2002

The melted keys from the Hardy's yellow convertible that blew up in Dead On Target (and which, strangely, if I recall correctly, made their last appearance in Shock Waves in March 1989).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

You're right tomswift2002- it was the melted keys (rather than coins ;)), I was thinking of.
And I remember thinking it was pretty cool that it was mentioned in the Supermystery (88) title "Shock Waves". Obviously, that series is set in the Casefiles universe where the Gray Man and The Network and The Assassins make appearances and Nancy Drew apparently has knowledge of The Network. (Does anyone know if she ever works with The Network in The Nancy Drew Files? Seems like they would've recruited her too.) She does essentially work with The Network somewhat in "Operation: Titantic" as she's helping Frank and Joe with their case. Just like in the Supermystery (07) titles, Nancy Drew has knowledge of ATAC. (Again, does anyone know if she is mentioned as working with ATAC in the Girl Detective books?)

tomswift2002

Who is the owner of the Bayport Blues?

SDLagent

I actually knew the last two questions, but didn't think I did. Don't know this one, though.

Quote from: MacGyver on May 02, 2010, 10:03:49 PM
You're right tomswift2002- it was the melted keys (rather than coins ;)), I was thinking of.
And I remember thinking it was pretty cool that it was mentioned in the Supermystery (88) title "Shock Waves". Obviously, that series is set in the Casefiles universe where the Gray Man and The Network and The Assassins make appearances and Nancy Drew apparently has knowledge of The Network. (Does anyone know if she ever works with The Network in The Nancy Drew Files? Seems like they would've recruited her too.) She does essentially work with The Network somewhat in "Operation: Titantic" as she's helping Frank and Joe with their case. Just like in the Supermystery (07) titles, Nancy Drew has knowledge of ATAC. (Again, does anyone know if she is mentioned as working with ATAC in the Girl Detective books?)

I think that's one of the main differences between the Hardys and Nancy. The Hardys often work undercover and for the government (The Network, ATAC, the Justice Department, or even SKOOL), Nancy, on the other hand, seems to like to work with a client and help the people effected by the case on a personal level. She even said something about this in one of the new Drew/Hardy crossovers...

MacGyver

Okay- cool. Good to know. To be fair though, Frank and Joe certainly get involved in cases on a personal level too (as the original version of "The Tower Treasure" clearly demonstrated.) But yeah- I can see that Frank and Joe tend to get recruited and work with the government agencies more than Nancy. I guess her main dealings with any authorities is Chief McGinnis at the River Heights Police Department. :)

hardygirl847

Nancy should be glad that she's not in the ATAC. I'm not a huge fan of it. I love the Network because the Assassins come part of that package. I just don't see Nancy in those type of situations as much. To be honest, I haven't read Nancy by herself. She's always with my hunky Hardys. lol So I really don't know if she would get in those types of scenarios. And I agree that the Hardys help people on a personal level all the time but not exclusively.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 03, 2010, 06:23:29 PM
Who is the owner of the Bayport Blues?

Crap...I feel like this is in my brain ready to come out but it won't. Grr.

SDLagent