Cool HB Info and Poll

Started by Hardy Sleuth, May 22, 2015, 04:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

There are cool HB facts and a fun poll at the Hardy and Drew Mysteries blog that I think everyone here should really like and appreciate. :) 8) Frank and Joe are so cool and many appreciate that. 8) The blog post and comments below it are all enthusiastic for the Hardys and for Nancy. :) I like reading stuff like that. :) Neat poll, too.
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Thanks for the link, Hardy Sleuth. I'll take a look. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 24, 2015, 08:27:32 PM
Thanks for the link, Hardy Sleuth. I'll take a look. :) 8)

No problem, MacGyver! :) 8) Awesome! :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

Hardy Sleuth

What you wrote on the blog about the Hardys is great, MacGyver. 8) And I also feel like I'm right there with the Hardys. Cool. 8)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 29, 2015, 02:42:40 PM
Thanks, Hardy Sleuth. :) 8)

You're welcome, MacGyver. :) I like reading good stuff about the Hardy Boys. 8)

Eddy Donald

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on May 22, 2015, 04:46:52 PM
There are cool HB facts and a fun poll at the Hardy and Drew Mysteries blog that I think everyone here should really like and appreciate. :) 8) Frank and Joe are so cool and many appreciate that. 8) The blog post and comments below it are all enthusiastic for the Hardys and for Nancy. :) I like reading stuff like that. :) Neat poll, too.
Though the stuff is old,Cool stuff in the blog

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Eddy Donald on October 04, 2016, 04:21:55 AM
Though the stuff is old,Cool stuff in the blog

Hi Eddy, welcome to Mr. Pizza! I agree that there's a lot of cool stuff on the Hardy and Drew Mysteries blog, I like going there! 8) Do you mean because the date of this thread and the blog post is from last year makes it old? The blog has very new, up-to-date stuff on it, including pre-publication book info, can't get more new than that. ;) The nice girl who writes the blog posts makes sure things are up-to-date, accurate, and relevant. :)

MacGyver

I will agree that that blog is one of the best I've seen for The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew- up-to-date information and some really cool interviews. (like the one with Stan Goldberg- as a longtime Archie Comics fan, I particularly enjoyed that- even though that was a while back.) :) 8)

tomswift2002

I was just reading her op-ed on the "main series" vs. "Digest", and I would agree that "Digest" is not the best description for the series, however, since the 1990's, people were calling the paperbacks "Digest" because the books were designed to be shown on supermarket shelves alongside Reader's Digest. 

But if you look in the books, you'll find that inside the hardcovers, Grosset & Dunlap did, in the flashlight editions, call the series "The Original Hardy Boys Mystery Stories", while Simon & Schuster called the paperbacks "The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories".  And technically the series name is "The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories" for all books from #1 to #190.  It's just like the official name of the Tom Swift Sr. series in "The Tom Swift Adventures", and the Tom Swift Jr. series from the 50's in "The New Tom Swift Jr. Adventures".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah, I found that to be an interesting discussion too. As you said, #1-#190 is The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories. But I can understand the reason for using Digests for #59-190.

Hardy Sleuth

Oh, yes, that's soooooooooooooo cool, the Stan Goldberg interview!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 8) The blog started in 2013. 8)

Yep, it's noted in the HB/ND blog article that 1-190 for the HB is all one series and that the books aren't called Digests in the actual books. Another friend of mine was saying when we were talking about it, the word, "digest", as a noun, is a collection of short stories. Oxford Dictionary definition: "A periodical consisting of condensed versions of pieces of writing or news published elsewhere." Except for a few books specifically like the Hardy Boys Handbook, Seven Stories of Survival, etc., the Hardy Boys books are complete stories. So Digest doesn't fit. I think the main point of the blog article is that they're not separate series. 8)