Hardy Boys Nancy Dew Mysteries: SEASON 2

Started by SkyWarp, March 03, 2007, 03:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

for those interested, you can now pre-order SEASON 2 of the Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries tv series.  The series is due to ship in middle to late June. 

Lola

novemberrose

Wow.  I am frighteningly jazzed about this.  Hee.

Olivia

Since some of you haven't seen even one episode, I actually accidently found this. It looks like this person is uploading some of them:

1977, here we come

Be sure to quick overview all their vids so you don't just click on whatever you see first. So far:

The House on Possessed Hill
Death Surf
Sole Survivor
Mystery of King Tut
A few random clips

I don't know if anyone has recommendations on which episode someone should see first. Of course chronologically is the ideal, but since all of the episodes are not there, maybe someone new should be directed to one that's a good example of the series or something?

Olivia

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 02, 2008, 11:32:21 PM
Since some of you haven't seen even one episode, I actually accidently found this. It looks like this person is uploading some of them:

1977, here we come

Be sure to have a quick overview of all their vids so you don't just click on whatever you see first. So far:

The House on Possessed Hill
Death Surf
Sole Survivor
Mystery of King Tut
A few random clips

I don't know if anyone has recommendations on which episode someone should see first. Of course chronologically is the ideal, but since all of the episodes are not there, maybe someone new should be directed to one that's a good example of the series or something?

Olivia

Sorry about that, I think I meant to make a quick edit but clicked quote instead.

Lola

The House on Possessed Hill - In this episode you learn that Bayport is in Maryland. I really don't like Melanie Griffen so it's not one of my favorites.

Death Surf - Great brother moments although I found the premise of Frank falling in love with a girl he saw for a few mintues....the bar scene with Joe and Bernie was hysterical!!

Sole Survivor - One of my favorite episodes...if you are a Joe fan this one is for you!

Mystery of King Tut - An okay episode.

SDLagent

I agree with all your reviews there...Sole Survivor is my favorite episode, and I like some parts of "Death Surf" but, like you said, it's a little far fetched.

003Robin457

tomswift2002

Quote from: Lola on October 04, 2008, 11:30:29 PM
The House on Possessed Hill - In this episode you learn that Bayport is in Maryland. I really don't like Melanie Griffen so it's not one of my favorites.
I'll have to rewatch the episode, but I don't recall them mentioning that Bayport is in Maryland.  However, I do remember that in Acapulco Spies, right at the beginning Fenton Hardy makes a call from Acapulco, Mexico, and he asked the operator to connect him to his house in Bayport, Massachussets.

QuoteSole Survivor - One of my favorite episodes...if you are a Joe fan this one is for you!
I think this is a fan favortie among fans of the TV series and the books.

QuoteMystery of King Tut - An okay episode.

One of the three Hardy Boys episodes released from the second season on VHS and Betamax back in 1985, I think the story had its roots in The Mysterious Caravan (1975), but it was really funny to see the Hardys start to sing that Texas song and then have to insult the Texans who were in the audience.

Also, in terms of chronological order, for the Hardy Boys episodes I would say that it is really hard, but I believe that we could easily say that the Nancy Drew episode Will The Real Santa Claus...?, whereas for the Hardy Boys you could definitely say that the episode Oh Say Can You Sing takes place during the July 4th long weekend, while Sole Survivor takes place during January 1978.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Lola

Actually......the all time favorite among fans (especially Shaun Fans) is the first episode of season 3....""Last Kiss of Summer".  Yeah they over use the song "IF" by Bread and if you watch it too much you could go into a diabetic coma.....but you can't help love a tanned and angry Joe Hardy! ;D

tomswift2002

Quote from: Lola on October 05, 2008, 08:58:10 PM
Actually......the all time favorite among fans (especially Shaun Fans) is the first episode of season 3....""Last Kiss of Summer".  Yeah they over use the song "IF" by Bread and if you watch it too much you could go into a diabetic coma.....but you can't help love a tanned and angry Joe Hardy! ;D

I haven't seen that episode yet.  The show's never been on any of the channels in my area, except for maybe in teh 70s and early 80s, so I have to wait for Season 3 to be released on DVD.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Lola

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 06, 2008, 08:34:12 AM
I haven't seen that episode yet.  The show's never been on any of the channels in my area, except for maybe in teh 70s and early 80s, so I have to wait for Season 3 to be released on DVD.
That's because you don't know "people" like I do! ;)

SDLagent

Quote from: Lola on October 05, 2008, 08:58:10 PM

Now, that I've watched it, ''Last Kiss of Summer'' is probably my favorite episode, too. I think it would have been even better though, if Jaimie had appeared in episodes before this one. For one thing, fans would have got to know her character better, and the engagement wouldn't have been so unexpected.

Lola

Quote from: SDLagent on October 23, 2008, 12:46:39 AM
Now, that I've watched it, ''Last Kiss of Summer'' is probably my favorite episode, too. I think it would have been even better though, if Jaimie had appeared in episodes before this one. For one thing, fans would have got to know her character better, and the engagement wouldn't have been so unexpected.
That was done to age the brothers, Spencer. But it didn't work as the majority of the fans were tweens and they didn't like that the brothers became 'older'.