Hardy Boys: Children of the Lost

Started by SDLagent, August 25, 2009, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Man

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on September 12, 2009, 04:53:05 PM
As the Killer Mystery Trilogy turned out to be about a private school, I'm guessing this trilogy is oging to be about sabbotoge on a sci-fi or horror movie set, or it's going to be another death threats on a reality show trilogy. You can probaily guess that I have  very low expetations for this trilogy.
I have to go with Dinosaur Dan on this one. S&S have really built themselves up a bad track record, particularly with these past trilogies. I mean, how many times can you kill the whole reality-tv-or-gameshow-host-gets-threatened-and-the-Hardys-have-to-find-out-whodunit thing before it stays dead? I don't know if I'll be able to stomach another awfully-planned trilogy about reality tv, gameshows, or amusement parks. The whole reality television/ gameshow topic used to be my favorite one for a Hardy mystery. Now, I just can't wait for it to end.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Man on September 27, 2009, 07:40:03 PM
The whole reality television/ gameshow topic used to be my favorite one for a Hardy mystery. Now, I just can't wait for it to end.

I remember back in 2004 when Warehouse Rumble was released in the Hardy Boys Digest line how people were surprised that the story was about a reality TV show, since none of the Hardy Boys-TV-Themed stories in the past had dealt with that type of TV show.  You know it was a "new" idea to the series.  And even then that was the only story to deal with reality TV, and the next story had the Hardy's finding out who had stolen a new invention.  The stories were released with a different story coming out each month. 

But with the UB's, it just feels like it is the exact same story being reprinted every two months.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 27, 2009, 08:10:06 PM
with the UB's, it just feels like it is the exact same story being reprinted every two months.
Only the Digests probaby could have sold the same story two times in a row and the plot still be feasible and engrossing. I'm beginning to doubt that the UBs could sell 100 new ideas and the stories remain feasible and/or believable. >:(

tomswift2002

According to Amazon.ca CHildren Of The Lost is apparently apart of the Lost Mystery Trilogy

http://www.amazon.ca/Children-Lost-Book-Mystery-Trilogy/dp/1442402628/ref=sr_1_139?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255479236&sr=1-139

Lost Mystery Trilogy????  Doesn't sound too promising.  Have the UB's finally Lost the Mystery in the series???

Of course, right now Children of the Lost is sitting (as of October 13, 2009) on Amazon.ca's Hardy Boys Bestseller's list at #139 ("Hardy Boys") and #84 ("Franklin W. Dixon") and it's not even appearing on the Chapters bestsellers for either "Hardy Boys" or "Franklin W. Dixon".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Thanks for the update, Tom. While I think Children of the Lost is one of the best titles of the series, Lost Mystery Trilogy is one of the worst.

Update: Book two in the Lost Trilogy is going to be entitled Lost Brother, and is due out in September 2010. This title does sound promising.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on October 13, 2009, 09:12:06 PM

Update: Book two in the Lost Trilogy is going to be entitled Lost Brother, and is due out in September 2010. This title does sound promising.

Lost Brother??? Doesn't that sound suspiciously similar to the second main plot of the Double Danger Trilogy?

SDLagent

Yes it does, but I'm hoping it means lost Hardy brother. Sadly, I doubt it, though...

4567TME

Quote from: SDLagent on October 13, 2009, 09:12:06 PM

Where'd you get that bit from?

Bigfootman

Lost Mystery Trilogy?!? Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship! :o

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Hey, I'm already in the water. Haven't read a UB from start to finish in almost a year.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on November 06, 2009, 02:47:13 PM
Hey, I'm already in the water.

Same here, even though I keep collecting them so that I have all the Hardy Boys books.

003Robin457

Man these trilogys are killing the UBs. Mabey someday I'll finish Galixy X.

Bigfootman

I'm already in water, I'm just shouting a warning to everyone who's not out of the boat!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

http://www.amazon.com/Children-Lost-Mystery-Undercover-Brothers/dp/1442402628/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_46

The book is actually called "The Children of the Lost" and it's the first book in "The Lost Mystery Trilogy"- sounds pretty cool. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

4567TME

OK--that is just an AWFUL job with Photoshop