The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks

Started by SkyWarp, October 02, 2008, 12:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Bringing another great mystery series to life, SEGA? of America, Inc. and Her Interactive Inc. have announced that they are collaborating on an exciting new Hardy Boys game for the Nintendo DS? entitled, The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks.  Hop aboard the Royal Express as the Hardy Boys take a journey to the past on a classic steam train through some of the great capital cities of Europe in the hope of discovering the secret of a lost princess and a priceless treasure hidden from the world for nearly 100 years.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL PRESS RELEASE

SkyWarp

Bringing another great mystery series to life, SEGA? of America, Inc. and Her Interactive Inc. have announced that they are collaborating on an exciting new Hardy Boys game for the Nintendo DS? entitled, The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks.  Hop aboard the Royal Express as the Hardy Boys take a journey to the past on a classic steam train through some of the great capital cities of Europe in the hope of discovering the secret of a lost princess and a priceless treasure hidden from the world for nearly 100 years.

?We are excited to again partner with SEGA of America in bringing fans the very best in mystery/adventure games, and do so with such a powerful license as The Hardy Boys,? said Megan Gaiser, president and CEO of Her Interactive.  ?With two great protagonists headlining a beloved series of mystery classics, we believe that The Hardy Boys is the perfect complement to our Nancy Drew series and will benefit greatly from our proven expertise in the genre.?

The longest running book series of all-time will make its debut on the Nintendo DS? this coming spring with The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks.  In the game, players assume the role of Frank and Joe Hardy who have been invited onboard the Royal Express, an extravagant rail line traveling from Paris to St. Petersburg.

Following the mysterious trail of the Romanov Family treasure, the Hardy Boys venture across a rich European landscape with stops at Vienna, Paris, Prague, and St. Petersburg.  While onboard, players will search for hidden clues, explore the train cars, interrogate passengers and solve interactive puzzles as they attempt to discover what happened to the ?lost? treasure and unlock the century old secret of the Romanovs.

The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks will be available Spring 2009 on the Nintendo DS for purchase at retailers nationwide, as well as from the Her Interactive website for a suggested retail price of $29.95.  More information about Her Interactive and the company?s entire line of games can be found online at www.HerInteractive.com.

About Her Interactive

Her Interactive is the pioneer of fun and inspiring interactive adventure entertainment targeted to female play preferences.  The company designs, develops and publishes high-quality, award-winning mystery adventure games.  More information on the company and the Nancy Drew games can be found at www.HerInteractive.com.

About SEGA of America Inc.

SEGA? of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA? Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home.  The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.  SEGA of America?s Web site is located at www.sega.com.

SDLagent

I find it strange that Saga and Her Interactive will be behind this game, considering the big deal made so recently about DreamCatcher having the rights to release Hardy Boys titles over the next five years.

SkyWarp

Many times a PC and Console game(s) are done by different companies or parts of companies.  A game gets outsources a lot when one tries to move into a new market. 

Also, I find it interesting that Her Interactive and Dreamcatcher use the same marketing agencies, so perhaps they are all part of a bigger company?  I've not done a lot of research into it, but I am certainly not surprised by Sega getting into the game.  This is what they do a lot know. 

tomswift2002

I'll have to load up a Nancy Drew game, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen the Dreamcatcher logo in the opening credits of a few of the Nancy Drew games, since I think the two companies were sister companies at one point, so it could be that they still share the same distributor.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

Cool! ;D A Hardy Boys video game! I'll have to get a DS, though...
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

Another HB game cool! I'm going to steal my brothers DS.  ;D

JoeHardyRocks

Good for you. I bet you have expert theivery skills.
"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

You're getting to be a sharp one, JoeHardyRocks ;)

003Robin457

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

003Robin457

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

SkyWarp

The artwork for the front of the DS box has been added to the first post in this topic. 

SDLagent