Movie Menace

Started by Bigfootman, September 25, 2010, 05:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

"Deathstalker Trilogy". Interesting name. And the first time every book in the trilogy won't have the same "keyword" ("House", "Lost", etc.) in the title.

But not another movie/pop culture-related plot!!!! Come on, S&S!

Bigfootman

Quote from: SDLagent on September 25, 2010, 05:45:03 PM
"Deathstalker Trilogy". Interesting name. And the first time every book in the trilogy won't have the same "keyword" ("House", "Lost", etc.) in the title.

But not another movie/pop culture-related plot!!!! Come on, S&S!
I think S&S is running out of ideas but does not want to end the series.

Most Recent Post:

SDLagent

I think S&S already ran out of ideas.

hardygirl847

Deathstalker does sound kind of intriguing...but it's a long way off before we find out if it lives up to that...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

It sounds like Deathstalker is probably the name of the movie franchise that's planning a new movie entry that Frank and Joe are helping out with security on the set with because there are foul things afoot. But that's just my guess on the plot. It could be something totally different- we'll see.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 26, 2010, 03:16:26 PM
It sounds like Deathstalker is probably the name of the movie franchise that's planning a new movie entry that Frank and Joe are helping out with security on the set with because there are foul things afoot. But that's just my guess on the plot. It could be something totally different- we'll see.

Didn't we just have a similar-type of trilogy not that long ago?  Namely, the Double Trouble Trilogy?

But Deathstalker sounds like they may be trying to make the movie in the book a parody of Star Wars or Babylon 5: River Of Souls.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Hmm....maybe a plot summary will be out before the end of time and we will know what it's about. It has potential...so far...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

It has no potential...so far...

Bigfootman

According to Wikipedia, the next book in the trilogy  is  called "Cast Of Killers". the title reminds me of the digest "Cast Of Criminals".

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on October 31, 2010, 08:43:30 AM
According to Wikipedia, the next book in the trilogy  is  called "Cast Of Killers". the title reminds me of the digest "Cast Of Criminals".

That's something, considering that book 2 of the UB series was called Running on Fumes; a title reminiscent of the Casefiles title Running On Empty.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

JoeHardyRocks

I saw that like 4 months ago and I was like... Deathstalker? are you seriously kidding me????????? :P Dumbest name yet
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on October 31, 2010, 08:43:30 AM

Confirmed. It'll be out September 2011.

hardygirl847

I'm not big into the UBs as much as the other series...but they are definitely attempting to appeal to what is trending right now. Hardy Boys are classic because they don't need to do that. I think I've said something like that before...but I stand by it.

Hardys don't need to be a trend! UGH!

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on November 02, 2010, 10:15:38 PM
I'm not big into the UBs as much as the other series...but they are definitely attempting to appeal to what is trending right now. Hardy Boys are classic because they don't need to do that.

Hardys don't need to be a trend! UGH!

And what exactly is "trending" right now that the UB's are following with this movie-based-trilogy?  The last Star Wars movie came out close to 5 years ago and the titles of the trilogy sound more like those movies than Star Trek.  And the Hardy's couldn't be "trending" Babylon 5 since that series last movie was also about 3-4 years ago.

I think that S&S have lost their "light" on the series and are just wandering around a dark path in circles trying to find something that works.