Photo shoot for Hardy Boys cover art

Started by MacGyver, October 02, 2013, 10:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I found this on Pinterest- apparently posted by a model who posed for one of the Hardy Boys cover art drawings. Can anyone figure out what book this might be? Interesting...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Hmm- it does bear some similarities. However, I should have also mentioned earlier that the guy who posted the photo said that this photo shoot is from the 1970s. So I am guessing it would probably be from the one of later Grossett & Dunlap titles of that time, or maybe even from a foreign cover art, like the British Armada books or something.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

It doesn't bear any resemblance to any of the Hardy Boys from the 70's, 80's, or 90's.  It might've been an unused shot.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I guess that's true. Or maybe it was an interior illustration rather than cover art?

MacGyver

Here's something else I found that's kinda related to this topic.
Here's the format used for The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories during the latter end of the Digests run- a mockup for #170 Kickoff to Danger before the cover art had been finished. I just found this at random online and thought it was neat. :) 8)