Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

You know, on the DVD's for Seasons 1 & 2, I've always wondered if the "teaser" for the episodes were actually the previous week's trailer.  In the "Real Santa Claus" clip, it looks like ABC just cut out a couple of frames from the teaser.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

That very well could be. It's nice that the Season 1 and 2 DVDs included these- too bad Season 3 didn't maintain them. Every now and then, I still find some promos from the late '70s posted on Youtube though and it's fun to see the original airing ads.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Just found a fun video someone put together featuring classic Filmation cartoons, including The Hardy Boys. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5QKBREwWMk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
(Set to Sugar Sugar by The Archies. :) 8))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Here's a cool video of someone showing off the contents of the 1978 Parker Brothers board game The Hardy Boys: The Secret of Thunder Mountain. :) 8)

MacGyver

I feel like I've posted this before, but just in case- here's a quick promo for the 2nd. Season premiere of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (featuring "The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula" (Parts 1 and 2) episode. :) 8)

MacGyver

I'm pretty sure I've posted this page before, but it's apparently been updated and so I wanted to share this again. Check out The Museum of Uncut Funk's entry for Pete Jones of The Hardy Boys cartoon. Two things caught my eye while looking through this again. First of all, I noticed that among the cool cartoon cels and storyboards on there, there is one I hadn't seen before- featuring three female characters- Yvonne, Iola and Mary. Did these characters show up on the cartoon? Can I assume Iola is meant to be Iola Morton, Chet's sister? (I think I have read before that Iola did indeed show up on the cartoon.) Can anyone verify this? Also, who are these other characters depicted? I wonder if they actually appeared on the cartoon or were just considered as possibilities? Perhaps they were meant as girlfriends for the males on the show? (presumably Pete and Chet, since Joe and Iola already are boyfriend and girlfriend in the books and Frank goes out with Callie in the books.) Did Callie Shaw ever appear?
        Also of interest- I noticed the page is copyrighted 2013 Classic Media. I presume the Web site probably got those cels from the company that owns Filmation's cartoons- is this a good confirmation that Classic Media does indeed own this property? Perhaps it would be worth attempting to contact the company and ask about the possibility of getting this Hardy Boys cartoon on DVD. I would definitely love to see it available. Despite all the flaws of super rushed storylines and all, it's still the one Hardy Boys series that has done the most adaptations of the books and for that reason particularly I am interested in seeing this series. (Besides the fact that I love The Hardy Boys in all their incarnations and I love groovy cartoons like this and the cool "bubblegum rock" music.) :) 8)

MacGyver

Here's a picture of the house used for The Hardy Boys' home in The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries in the Universal lot back in the late '70s.
:) 8)

MacGyver

tomswift2002

I just saw on iTunes Canada and Amazon.ca that all 5 Shaun Cassidy albums from 1976-1980 have been released as digital downloads and on CD (according to Amazon all the CD's were issued in 2012).  Songs from Shaun Cassidy's first two albums (Shaun Cassidy & Born Late ) were featured in the 1977 Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.  Shaun Cassidy would make 3 more albums, including a "Live" in Concert album before quitting his music career.iTunes also has Shaun's 1980 single for the love theme to Star Trek The Motion Picture and a later mid-90's concert track.  Unfortunately there is no listing for his 1989 European single.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Cool! 8) :) Thanks for the update on Shaun Cassidy's music on CD and digital download.

tomswift2002

Just to update my previous post, I ordered the CD of Shaun Cassidy's "Wasp" album from Amazon and just got it today.  The copyright on the CD indicates it was reissued in 2012 (it reads '2012, 1980 Curb Records'), but Curb Records, while it appears they reproduced the original LP artwork very nicely on CD (my LP copy is still shrink wrapped as it was at the store from Curb back in 1980, so I can't check everything), Curb kind of cheaper out as they went the MOD route, and instead of a pressed CD, the album is on a CD-R (that was obviously burned at a 32x or higher speed, so when you look at the back of the disc, the burn is very light).

Otherwise, the songs sound pretty good, and since this is a MOD release, I don't think Curb did any remastering to the songs, so these are pretty much straight transfers from the 1980 analog masters to digital.

MacGyver

Okay- good to know. That's a bit disappointing to hear about the CD-R discs used instead of a pressed CD, but at least Shaun Cassidy's albums are out on CD in some form now.
And that's pretty cool that you still have some of the LPs still sealed in their original packaging. :) 8)

MacGyver

ABC's 1978 Fall Preview lineup- features a quick bit for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :) 8)

MacGyver

WOW! Here's an amazing find from The Hardy Boys cartoon show! It's an audio recording of a 45 record that was sent to fans who wrote to The Hardy Boys band! Check it out! :) 8)

MacGyver

Just found this neat ad for Mars candy bars from around 1969 or 1970 that features a young Parker Stevenson! (Frank Hardy on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries of course!) :) 8)
(Also features Kathleen Beller from Dynasty, which, of course, Pamela Sue Martin also starred on after she starred as Nancy Drew on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.)