Hardy Boys Casefiles Encyclopedia Update #23

Started by SkyWarp, June 20, 2016, 10:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

SkyWarp

I had low expectations for this book before I started re-reading it.  I had memories of not liking this book many years ago. 

After re-reading it now, it wasn't as bad as I remember, but it is still not of my favorites by any stretch of the imagination. 

But what key takeaways did I find for the encyclopedia?

Fenton has another friend from days gone by.  This time it is Curly Weber, a security person for Selva Lumber Corporation.

Joe leaves another potential girlfriend behind by the name of Jenny Bookman

The town of Crosscut, Washington, would be an interesting place for the Hardy Boys to revisit in the future considering the sheriff and mayor were both part of criminal activity in this book and half the town seemed to come down sick.  On the way, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to revisit Reisberson's Crossing either.  I feel like we know just about everyone living in the entire town by now.

And finally the book ends on a mild cliffhanger with the boys and Fenton needing to hurry back to Bayport to get ready for another case -- could we presume it to be the next book in the series?  Casefile #24: Scene of the Crime?

MacGyver

It's been a long time since I've read this one, but I generally enjoy Disaster for Hire well enough.
If this is the book I'm thinking of, it has one of my favorite one-liners from Joe when he sees a welcome mat (or something) that says, "Courtesy is contagious." Joe comments something to the effect- "Looks like they stamped that out here."
(It could have been Frank who said it; I'm not sure- it's been probably over a decade or so since I read it- lol.) :) 8)
By the way- nice to see the Encyclopedia progressing so well too.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"