The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

NOOOO! That was too quick! :(

Captain Santa Claus...you're turn! Good job! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

What type of film was Buster Buckles storing in his garage?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Aw man, you had to pick a hard one! Lol
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I did say that I was going to try to make my next question a hard one.

Here's a clue:

Buster Buckles was working in film in the era when this type of film was used, but it is no longer used.

hardygirl847

tomswift2002

SDLagent

tomswift2002

No.

Okay, another clue.

The type of film that Buster Buckles used and was storing is a comparable analog to highly acidic paper being used in books.

hardygirl847

Buster liked silent films and the film had nitrate or something in it that made it um...well...bad. Don't want to give out any spoilers. I can't think of the actual name of it though.

MacGyver

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about, but I can't recall the name right now either. I'd have to look it up later sometime...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

tomswift2002

The Shattered Helmet Chapter 13 page 113

Inside lay the old nitrate celluloid, its pungent smell rising from the tins.

Hardygirl, you got it.  Buster Buckles was working in the film era when Nitrocellulose, or nitrate film, was being used  Unfortunately, because the film was highly unstable, a lot of movie houses were burnt to the ground from the film catching on fire inside the projector, and a number of "room temperature" storage facilities also blew up, which led to the remaining nitrate films being stored in "cold storage", not to mention that "cold storage" also helped to prevent the nitrate from decomposing very quickly.  And nitrate film was also the reason why acetate and cellulose triacetate film were invented (and in the late 1980's the current film base of Polyethelene Terephthalate or PET, which is Polyester based, but this is mostly used for post-production and release prints not for filming) in order to preserve film longer and safer. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrate_film#Nitrate_film)

hardygirl847

Wahoo I got it!! That took some work my friend! Good question!

Now I will try to think of a doozy but mine rarely are...OH well. :)

Btw, there was a movie not too long ago, Inglorious Bastards, that had the lead characters use this type of film to try to kill Hitler.  :o