Secret Files #16- Camping Chaos

Started by MacGyver, March 05, 2013, 09:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Wow! Simon & Schuster is rolling things out way in advance- I just saw that Amazon.com has a listing up for #16 in the Secret Files series, due to release December 2, 2014.
I guess it's good to know that this Hardy Boys series is still going. It's actually been one of the better Hardy Boys series in recent years- lol. ;D :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Interesting! Wonder what the title will be. And also about #14 and #15...
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Yeah- it is interesting. I wonder why they skipped ahead of #14 and #15 as well. Perhaps those will be listed soon too.
Anyway, I realized that I left off the link to the Amazon page in my original post, so I've gone back and added it now.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Yep, maybe they'll list them soon also. Thanks for the link :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

I just saw on the Hardy and Drew Mysteries blog that the title for #16 has finally been revealed- Camping Chaos. Also, the cover art is available on Amazon.com's site. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2014, 09:23:46 AM
I just saw on the Hardy and Drew Mysteries blog that the title for #16 has finally been revealed- Camping Chaos. Also, the cover art is available on Amazon.com's site. :) 8)

Cool! :)

MacGyver

The book's summary is now posted on Amazon's page:

Frank and Joe do their best to avoid a camping catastrophe in this Hardy Brothers Secret Files adventure.

Frank and Joe are excited to go camping with their friends in Bayport State Park for the annual ?Fun With Camping? event. They are ready for hiking, bonfires, and s?mores?and especially for the tent decorating competition, which the boys are determined to win.

But just a few nights into the trip, decorations start to go missing. First Frank and Joe hear strange noises outside their tent. Then they see a set of unique footprints at the campsite.

It seems like someone?or something?is out to sabotage the decorating contest. Can Joe and Frank figure out who the campsite culprit could be?

tomswift2002

For a book that has a December release date, it seems odd that S&S would release a story that, especially when they are trying to target younger kids, does not involve Christmas or even just winter for that matter.  I realize that we have had Hardy Boys releases around Christmas in the past that never dealt with Christmas, but still they've either been set in like a Fall setting or a Winter setting.  The plot description seems more suited for a late-spring, early-summer release when kids and their families would be thinking of going camping.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Maybe it was meant to be released earlier and got delayed. I'd love to see a Hardy Boys Christmas adventure too, but oh well. A camping trip is always fun too. Maybe the publishers are thinking that will get people's minds off the cold winter. ;)

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca