Our Overachieving Heroes

Started by hardygirl847, January 05, 2010, 04:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Frank and Joe are only in their late teens and yet they know how to do a LOT of stuff. Frank can fly a small plane for example. He's even diffused a bomb before. But what, they don't play any musical instruments?! :) Clearly the Hardy Boys are underachievers...lol

I thought it would be interesting to discuss all of the skills the Hardys possess...I could barely drive at 17 and 18 let alone ride motorcycles or participate in high speed chases!

Also, they might be ABLE to play every sport but how could they ever be on a team? They are never home! "Sorry we can't be at the game guys...We were kidnapped by the Assassins or have to fly somewhere to solve a mystery." lol

Just food for thought...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 05, 2010, 04:57:29 PM
Frank and Joe are only in their late teens and yet they know how to do a LOT of stuff. Frank can fly a small plane for example. He's even diffused a bomb before. But what, they don't play any musical instruments?! :) Clearly the Hardy Boys are underachievers...lol

Actually they do play electric guitars.  You need to read the 1971 Revised version of #22 The Flickering Torch Mystery for this.  Basically the guitars were added to this book to have the Hardy Boys of the books match up with the Hardy Boys of the 1969-1971 Animated TV series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

LOL wow...so what can't they do??? But originally they didn't play instruments. Also, it's not something they use often when solving crimes so I guess that is how they get away with not talking about anything they do play....I guess. Either way, these boys know a lot more than normal teenagers!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Yes, they certainly are overachievers, and they seem to excel at all sports, even though they have no time to practice.

As for their driving skills, most guys I know are pretty good drivers (even those that can't drive on the road yet). So I don't think it's that amazing that the Hardys are good drivers. Plus, I know someone who could fly a plane at 14.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on January 06, 2010, 03:39:48 PM
Yes, they certainly are overachievers, and they seem to excel at all sports, even though they have no time to practice.

As for their driving skills, most guys I know are pretty good drivers (even those that can't drive on the road yet). So I don't think it's that amazing that the Hardys are good drivers. Plus, I know someone who could fly a plane at 14.

That is quite impressive! And LOL to most guys being good drivers. :) Riiiiight. No they probably are but most girls aren't. So that always bugs me when people say that. It's all good though.

They reason why they excel at so much really doesn't matter I suppose. I was just thinking about that for a story I want to write. It just got me to wondering about it..

They aren't superhuman despite the huge advantages they have in regards to skills and sometimes luck but that's why they are so loved. Frank and Joe are two slightly above average teenagers making a difference in the world. Anyone can respect that. :D

Plus I also imagine them to be very good looking which only adds to the whole package. hehe

Jokerette

adds!? what was it Joe said"Beauty and brains! I'm the complete package!"
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Fenlaur

I believe it is in the digest Track of the Zombie where Frank and Joe preform on a stage in front of people, play the guitare and Frank sings with a girl.
FENLAUR

hardygirl847

Quote from: Fenlaur on January 07, 2010, 02:41:46 PM
I believe it is in the digest Track of the Zombie where Frank and Joe preform on a stage in front of people, play the guitare and Frank sings with a girl.

OK I love Frank to pieces...as he is my fave! But...I cannot see him singing. Sorry. Joe sang on the 70s show and I was okay with that...Joe is more outgoing in that way. But Frank??? Not really. I could see him playing the guitar but not actually singing.

Thanks for the example though! :)

SDLagent

He sings in To Die or Not to Die?, as well, I believe.

hardygirl847

Jokerette

wasn't it in one of the books that joe said he only sang in the shower and that it sounded awful? of course joe could have been exaggerating.  :)
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

hardygirl847

Quote from: RevWolfX on January 09, 2010, 12:33:46 PM
wasn't it in one of the books that joe said he only sang in the shower and that it sounded awful? of course joe could have been exaggerating.  :)

But THAT I can believe! I love them both dearly but they can't be good at everything!

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 09, 2010, 05:27:44 PM
But THAT I can believe! I love them both dearly but they can't be good at everything!

Yes they can. They're the Hardy boys!

hardygirl847

I knew someone was going to say that. :P