The Hardy Boys Radio Show?

Started by MacGyver, October 26, 2010, 06:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Does anyone have any information on this?
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Hardy-Broadcasts-Minutes-running/dp/B001K37HV6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1288136825&sr=8-4
I've seen this listed at Amazon.com before and I'm curious if there actually ever were radio shows produced for The Hardy Boys. The book series has been running since 1927- it's entirely possible there could have been one made in the late '20s, '30s, or '40s and into the '50s- I think those would be the most likely time periods for such a thing to have been made if it honestly exists. I think radio shows pretty much lost their popularity when television started to get big. (Though there are some still around- I always enjoyed listening to "Jungle Jams" and "Adventures in Odyssey" on the local Christian radio when they would play it on Saturdays. I guess they probably still do- I just haven't listened to the radio on a Saturday morning in quite a while...)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I think I've come across that as well. Not sure about the origin or what's going on with that...but it is definitely interesting. We shall have to look further on the issue.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

It's a bootleg of the audiobooks that Grosset & Dunlap licenced back in the early 2000's.  There were never any Hardy boys radio shows produced in the 40's.  I'm not too sure how the producers of that CD managed to swing this bootleg, aside from somewhere there was some mix up in the paper saying that the recordings were made decades ago for radio.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, dude. That's incredibly underhanded that someone would be doing that on Amazon, but I'm not surprised. There's a lot of hucksters out there and not enough trusters.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)