The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 16, 2011, 06:57:11 AM
Steve Burke, Debbie Hertzberg.  I also knew which book, but I just hadn't had time to look it up.

Man, you are good! :) You're turn.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

QuoteMac, are you saying I gave too much of a hint? 
lol- well, I knew which book before the hint. (I don't know why, but the quiz show thing just instantly reminded me of The Prime-Time Crime- maybe because that was one of the last in the Hardy Boys Digest series I had read. (even though that's been some time ago.)
Anyway, it was still a great question though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

For the science fair, what does Chet want to invent that Frank says we already have?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Now this one, I don't know right off the bat- but I have a suspicion... this will require some research. ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on January 17, 2011, 09:20:34 PM
lol- well, I knew which book before the hint. (I don't know why, but the quiz show thing just instantly reminded me of The Prime-Time Crime- maybe because that was one of the last in the Hardy Boys Digest series I had read. (even though that's been some time ago.)
Anyway, it was still a great question though.

You have a great memory. Thanks for liking my question. :)

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 18, 2011, 08:14:46 AM
For the science fair, what does Chet want to invent that Frank says we already have?

Hmm...I am with Mac on this one...research for sure. Good one though. hmmmm
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

QuoteYou have a great memory. Thanks for liking my question. 
Thanks. God seems to have gifted me that way for some reason (though it's usually to remember arcane and inane details- lol.) ;D

Are we allowed to ask general questions about the trivia question for hints?
i.e. I have an idea which book this might be referring to, but I'm wondering if I'm allowed to just ask if this question is referring to a particular series or not.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 19, 2011, 10:31:29 AM
i.e. I have an idea which book this might be referring to, but I'm wondering if I'm allowed to just ask if this question is referring to a particular series or not.

I've checked the rules for the Trivia Game, and I don't see anything in there that says that you can't.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

In that case, in order to narrow the field and confirm or deny a suspicion I had, does the event described in the question take place in one of the Frank and Joe Hardy: The Clues Brothers books?

tomswift2002

The event takes place in one of the books that does not exceed 100 pages.

MacGyver

hardygirl847

I know which book but I can't think of what Chet tells Frank. I know that Chet works on a hot dog cooker powered by the sun....UGH...I don't have a good memory.  :(

tomswift2002

You realize that with that last clue, the field is narrowed 3 series.

SDLagent

tomswift2002

JoeHardyRocks

Ummmmm I have no idea...... Like, a computer that searches for things? haha....
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."