International Hardy Boys covers

Started by MacGyver, May 25, 2012, 10:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay, I know both the terms "international" and "foreign" depend on what country you're situated in, but in this case, since The Hardy Boys are primarily an American book series (set in America, started by an American, published in America, etc. - yes, many of the original stories written by a great Canadian writer, but you know what I'm saying)- these terms for the purpose of this thread will mean Hardy Boys books not published in America.
     Perhaps the most famous of these are the Collins and Armada editions published in Great Britain. I own some of these and remember being rather confused as a child jumping between the British listing for the Original series to the American standard.
Anyway, if you want to see a really awesome gallery of most every cover in the British printings, just go to http://www.hardyboys.co.uk - I love it! :) 8)
If you have a favorite from there to post, go for it. (Though if you're going to post a ton of them, I would recommend just posting the link rather than the actual image itself, as that will cut down on bandwidth usage for that site.)
      And of course, this thread can be for any covers anyone finds from other parts of the world too. I happened to run across a few today that seem to be from either Indonesia or possibly The Philippines- I'm not quite sure which it is. But I'm leaning towards Indonesia since I translated the website I found from Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesia's official language) and was able to get a passable translation in English. I could still try Tagalog (The Philippines' official language) as well though, I guess. Anyway, enjoy!

(seems to be The Secret of the Old Mill)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/secretoldmilltagalog.jpg
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

(As near as I can tell, I think this one is The Missing Chums)- The cover bears a good bit of similarity to the Grossett & Dunlap revised edition as you can tell-)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Reminds me of the video game cover art.

MacGyver

It does bear some similarity to that. From what I can tell, this is a fairly recent release (i.e. within the last 10 years), so it may well have been released around the same time as the video games.

Hardy Sleuth

I enjoy seeing the international covers of many Hardy Boys books, cool idea, MacGyver. ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Thanks, Hardy Sleuth. I will probably just use this thread to post any others I may happen to run across in Internet searches, etc. :)

Hardy Sleuth

So you started out with reading the British editions and then found the American ones, MacGyver? :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on June 03, 2012, 07:56:29 AM
Well, you should check out the Hardy Boys Wikia since we've got some Israeli covers on there as well, for the following books:

While The Clock Ticked
http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/While_the_Clock_Ticked_%28revised_text%29

Footprints Under The Window
http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/Footprints_Under_the_Window_%28revised_text%29

What Happened At Midnight
http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/What_Happened_at_Midnight_%28revised_text%29

The Great Airport Mystery
http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Airport_Mystery_%28revised_text%29

The Secret Of The Old Mill
http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Old_Mill_%28revised_text%29

8) Yep, those are so very cool, Tomswift2002! 8) Especially the covers for Secret of the Old Mill and The Great Airport Mystery. I wanted to upload some pictures of Hardy Boys Hebrew covers from my computer as soon as MacGyver started this thread, but it didn't work out. I have pictures of those books as well as The Hidden Harbor Mystery and Mark on the Door and The Pentagon Spy. 8) Also some Nancy Drew Hebrew covers. :) The Hebrew ones are my favorites. 8) :) 8) ;D

MacGyver

Cool! Thanks for the links, man. :)
And I'll look forward to seeing those Hebrew Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew covers whenever you can post them, Hardy Sleuth. 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on June 04, 2012, 12:51:36 AM
And I'll look forward to seeing those Hebrew Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew covers whenever you can post them, Hardy Sleuth. 8)

:) Here's Mark on the Door from ebay I found. :) From Israel. 8)

tomswift2002

Interesting how they put the G&D cover inside the Wanderer Window.

But if you have any pictures you could always attach ten to the correct Hardy Boys Wikia page just like I did for those Hebrew covers.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on June 07, 2012, 07:08:52 AM
Interesting how they put the G&D cover inside the Wanderer Window.

But if you have any pictures you could always attach ten to the correct Hardy Boys Wikia page just like I did for those Hebrew covers.

Sure, I'd like to add to the cool Hardy Boys Wikia page! :)

SDLagent

Man, I haven't been on the HB Wiki on such a long time. Hopefully they're isn't too much vandalism on the site...