nancy/frank

Started by Kerin, June 30, 2007, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

Anybody think that in the super mysterys that nancy and frank should have been a couple ???
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

SDLagent

Never read any (original?) SMs so I don?t now, but its kind of weird ??? what happened to Ned or Callie? ??? ??? ???   

Kerin

I;ve never read any with Callie in them,but Ned was in a couple.Usally somehting would happen between Nancy and Frank and then later they would agree it should have never happened and that was the end of it.I think that they should have got together though because they make a good couple and have alot in common.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Centrion

It seems like something was always getting in the way. Especially Nancey and Ned. I wonder if they will continue that in the new ND/HB books.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

I doubt it, considering that both Callie and Iola have, essentially, been written out of the series. 

If you want to read a good Nancy/Frank book, check out Last Resort.  Also, check out Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Sleuths 2, since some of the stories, like HB and A Trail Of Diamonds are really good Nancy/Frank stories. (Note: Super Sleuths 2 has been out-of-print for about 23 years now, so it is hard to find, especially the Hastings and the original versions).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Kerin

Iv'e read the last resort and that was really good and I heard of another good nancy/frank book in the 88' series but I can't find the name of it.I read about it on the internet but all it said was that they were solving a case in Eygypt.But it didn't give the title.As for the new ND/HB books Nancy is still dating Ned.But it mention Joe or Frank having girlfriends,and Nancy and Frank did't seem as interested in each other like in the 88' series.

tomswift2002

The '88 series book that you are thinking of is Secrets of the Nile.  In it, Frank marries Nancy, Joe marries Bess and they go off and spend their honeymoon's in Egypt.  It's a classic.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Kerin

The '88 series book that you are thinking of is Secrets of the Nile

Thanks.I had read about the book on a site but it didn't give the title.

tomswift2002

Yeah, Secrets of the Nile is, so far, the first book where the Hardy's get married and have wives.

Lola

And that's a hard book to find! I was lucky that I found one in "like" new condition at the library used book store and got it for only twenty-five cents!

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 10, 2007, 07:48:15 AM
Yeah, Secrets of the Nile is, so far, the first book where the Hardy's get married and have wives.

They get married? :o :o :o

SDLagent

Actually they don?t get marred they just pretend there marred, as you can see here:
http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/index.php?nav=network&sub=sm&book=025

tomswift2002

Sam Spade

Quote from: kerin on June 30, 2007, 11:33:21 PM
Anybody think that in the super mysterys that nancy and frank should have been a couple ???

Definitly!!! I have allways liked Callie, but she doesn't have as much in common with Frank as Nancy does. I think they should write in a romance between Frank and Nancy in the new hb-nd series.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Kerin

Definitly!!! I have allways liked Callie, but she doesn't have as much in common with Frank as Nancy does. I think they should write in a romance between Frank and Nancy in the new hb-nd series.

I know,its the same thing with Ned,he cool but dosen't have as much in common with Nancy as Frank does.I wish they would write a series where they were a couple.