In Plane Sight

Started by Bigfootman, August 12, 2008, 01:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

In Plane Sight is one of the more voilent digets I've read. The Hardy Boys seem to get in fights with the bad guys quite a bit, not to mention that a jeep exploded, badly burning someone.

Writing: The writing was quite good, and certianly better then the Undercover Brothers. The problem is the Hardys can't go anywhere without running into a fistfight, an explosion, or planes being stolen when Frank and Joe are around, once resulting in another fistfight. This I would expect from a casefile, not a digest.

Myistery: Stolen trainportation is quite common in Hardy Boy Books. However, I haven't read alot of books with stolen planes. However, the clue searching is often inturupted with a fightscene.

Supsects: The book didn't spend mush time on this, and altough I only finished the book today, I have fogoting a lot of the names.

Action: I could list all of the fights in the book, but I don't like spoilers, so am just listing 3:
-Joe fighting bad guys on a plane.
-Frank and Joe being chased by a sniper.
-The Hardy's and Jamal fighting an intruder somewhere I forget.
This book has more action then some other digests I have read.

Reread Value: You have to read it again if you want to remeber minor detials.

Pros:
-Lots of action
-Page turner
-Will want to read again....
Cons:
-...because you will forget minor and a few major detials
-I don't know why, but it seems a little rushed....
Perplexing:
-Why did they put so mush fight scenes? This is a digst, not a casefile!

Rating: 8.1

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Good review :)

Hmm...yeah. I know I've read it, but I don't even remember a lot of it :D

SDLagent

Nice review. They have this at my local library, I'll have to check it out.

tomswift2002

I read In Plane Sight back in January 2004, just after it had come out.  Again it is one of those books that I don't remember.  But if you think there were a lot of fight scenes in In Plane Sigt (Digest #176), check out Digest #84 Revenge of the Desert Phantom and Digest #85 The Skyfire Puzzle.  Those books are truly Casefiles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

In fact I've have read revenge of the desert phantom, I manged to get it at a used book store. It was quite good.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

I've read Revenge of the Desert Phantom and In Plane Site. They are bouth really good. ;D