What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I ran across a Hardy Boys: Clues Brothers book at a thrift store the other day (#12 King for a Day) so I got that to add to my collection. I honestly haven't been really worried about trying to track down that whole series, but every now and then I run across one for cheap and pick it up.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

VLoneWolf

I got The Yellow Feather Mystery.   I have been reading the Mystery of Smugglers Cove from my sisters collection.

MacGyver

Cool! Both great books! :) 8) When you get done with the books, you should post a review! :D

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: VLoneWolf on September 25, 2014, 02:45:52 PM
I got The Yellow Feather Mystery.   I have been reading the Mystery of Smugglers Cove from my sisters collection.

Awesome, VLoneWolf! 8)

VLoneWolf

tomswift2002

Just picked up yesterday the Greycastle edition of "Cult Of Crime".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Nice! Those can be hard to find nowadays- of course, sometimes it seems like it's hard to find any of the Casefiles at all (at least, at used bookstores- though I still see some here and there. It just depends on where you look and live, I guess.)

MacGyver

I recently upgraded a few of the original text Hardy Boys books (G&D PC cover printings) and that was neat. (Specifically, The Secret of Wildcat Swamp, The Secret of Skull Mountain and The Clue in the Embers). And I added a tweed cover G&D printing of The Tower Treasure (revised). (Would have been nice to get this with the dust jacket still on it, of course- but considering I rather shockingly :o found this in a free bin at a used bookstore- I'm not complaining.) :D 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on October 27, 2014, 09:54:46 AM
I recently upgraded a few of the original text Hardy Boys books (G&D PC cover printings) and that was neat. (Specifically, The Secret of Wildcat Swamp, The Secret of Skull Mountain and The Clue in the Embers). And I added a tweed cover G&D printing of The Tower Treasure (revised). (Would have been nice to get this with the dust jacket still on it, of course- but considering I rather shockingly :o found this in a free bin at a used bookstore- I'm not complaining.) :D 8)

Awesome, MacGyver! 8) I've read those mysteries in the revised editions and it'd be neat to read all of the originals. :)

MacGyver

Yeah- I read all the revised books while growing up, but it's only recently that I've read any of the original text books. I went on a binge a while back trying to get a copy of all of them and I do have all the OT books now too- it's just a matter of finding time to read them all. :)

tomswift2002

In the case of "Skull Mountain" "Wildcat Swamp" and "Clue In The Embers", the original texts read as longer versions of the revised texts, with a few minor changes here and there.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on October 28, 2014, 08:48:06 AM
Yeah- I read all the revised books while growing up, but it's only recently that I've read any of the original text books. I went on a binge a while back trying to get a copy of all of them and I do have all the OT books now too- it's just a matter of finding time to read them all. :)

It's good to have them, so you can read them when you have time. :)

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 28, 2014, 04:24:19 PM
In the case of "Skull Mountain" "Wildcat Swamp" and "Clue In The Embers", the original texts read as longer versions of the revised texts, with a few minor changes here and there.

More story, cool! 8)