Perfect Crime

Started by SDLagent, March 14, 2009, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I can't find this listed anywhere else on the net, so it may not be true...but by the looks of it, the next Hardy Boys game by DreamCatcher, is called The Hardy Boys: The Perfect Crime.

SkyWarp

I'll see what I can find......

003Robin457

Sounds right. Hummm... Could this be a remake of HB#2?

SDLagent

I hope it is based on ''The House on the Cliff''.

tomswift2002

Somehow I get the feeling that it might be based on one of the Digests...like The Prime-Time Crime.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Could be, but that would be kinda like that Nancy Drew Game, the one with the soap opera.

SkyWarp

Well, Dreamcatcher is not using the same marketing company this time, so I am out of the look at the moment as far as trying to gather information.  But not giving up. 

tomswift2002

Has anyone tried sending Dreamcatcher a direct email asking if the info is correct?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 16, 2009, 04:13:13 PM
Has anyone tried sending Dreamcatcher a direct email asking if the info is correct?

Done and game is confirmed.  But no other information YET.  Working on that too.  Amazon now lists the game but with a DRASTICALLY different release date:

http://www.amazon.com/Hardy-Boys-Perfect-Crime-Pc/dp/B001V9Y550/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1237242155&sr=8-2

tomswift2002

Yeah, that is drastically different.  May 24, 2009 compared to December 9, 2009.  If it was only out by 7 days, then you could maybe say that it was a typo on an information sheet, but for a 6 month difference...

SDLagent

I'm more inclined to believe the December date, because (a) we're pretty close to May 24, for DreamCatcher to not have released any new, and (b) a May release would mean less then a year between games.

SkyWarp

I have more information.   May is indeed the correct month at the present time.  You'll see more details on the main page soon.

I am told this game is more of a casual seek and find game so gameplay will be different than that of 'The Hidden Theft'.

Olivia

Quote from: 003Robin457 on March 15, 2009, 12:23:09 AM
Could be, but that would be kinda like that Nancy Drew Game, the one with the soap opera.

Yeah, the ND game with the soap opera is one that I?m in the middle of. I have a pattern (it?s not on purpose ? it just happens):

I play 25% of the game and get stuck or just forget about it for a few months and then play another 50% until I fess up and finish it.

003Robin457

I sometimes play games like that.

tomswift2002

Has anyone picked up a copy of the game yet?  I can't seem to find it in Canadian stores or on Canadian websites yet, and none of the American retailers can ship it to Canada due to legal and copyright issues.