Casting for the HBs

Started by Jokerette, February 21, 2010, 10:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokerette

how bout james marsden for frank?

i love the Ubs...but i don't like that they Franks soo nerdy. he should get his cool on! 8)
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

From Cyclops to Richard White to Frank Hardy... yeah, I could maybe see that. :)  But he is 37 now, so this would be fitting for a Hardy Men movie more than The Hardy Boys....
Who would be cast as Joe though?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

He's 37? WHAT?! Wow...I don't know who would make a good Joe to his Frank. I'm quite picky because I have a certain picture in my head. I'm sure we are all kind of like that...which makes it even more difficult to pick someone everyone would agree to!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Jokerette

yeah, i know. i was just throwing that out there. i'll have to do some researching on a Joe though.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

tomswift2002

It might be fun to get Shaun Cassidy or Parker Stevenson to play Fenton Hardy in a Hardy Boys or Hardy Men movie.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

That would be HILARIOUS! I think Parker would be better because Frank is supposed to look like Fenton and well he played Frank. Plus, he would be an older version of Frank nowadays...which would make sense for Fenton. I think it would work better if it was a HB movie, and not Hardy Men movie. I don't think either one would make sense as Tom Cruise or Ben Stiller's dad.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 01, 2010, 04:42:53 PM
That would be HILARIOUS! I think Parker would be better because Frank is supposed to look like Fenton and well he played Frank. Plus, he would be an older version of Frank nowadays...which would make sense for Fenton. I think it would work better if it was a HB movie, and not Hardy Men movie. I don't think either one would make sense as Tom Cruise or Ben Stiller's dad.

Well considering that Parker Stevenson is nearly 60, it would make more sense for him to be Fenton Hardy in a Hardy Men movie.

Only a couple of off-topic notes I see that on October 31, 2010 Parker Stevenson is going to be starring in McTaggart's Fortune along with another Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries alumni, Pamela Sue Martin. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1197625/)

Parker Stevenson is also scheduled to appear in an episode of Legends of the Seeker entitled Bound on March 20, 2010. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587561/).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

MY Parker is going to be 60?!  ??? :o Still not sure he would be good for Tom or Ben...even if he is older. Tom is going to be 48 and Ben is going to be 45. I don't think Fenton had Frank and Joe at 12 or 15.  :o

I still think of him as Frank Hardy or in Baywatch.

Thanks for the heads up on where he will be appearing next. It's not the same to me to see him now but I might check those out. :) I didn't grow up watching him as Frank so it's still new to me.

SDLagent

Parker Stevenson would make a cool Fenton Hardy, I agree.

MacGyver

Parker Stevenson's actually going to be 58 this year, by the way.
And I think it would be hilarious and awesome having him as Fenton Hardy. Of course, if you're going to have him in there, you'd have to find a cameo for Shaun Cassidy somewhere. Maybe he could work as Sam Radley or Jack Wayne? :)

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

...or Fenton's long lost brother who was alluded to in Super Sleuths!.

MacGyver

Ha ha- nice. Which story was that?

hardygirl847

Gotta love the long lost family members that some how manifest now and then!

Parker would do Fenton justice. Maybe it would work better if Frank and Joe were in their twenties.

SDLagent

MacGyver